PDA

View Full Version : dash removal

Dave.
23-12-07, 09:45 PM
going to take a black dash out of a gsi tomorrow, anyone know what holds them in and where the screws are? :thumb:

Mike
23-12-07, 09:50 PM
x2 star bolts either end of dash, visible when doors are open, then x2 10mm (IIRC) bolts up under the dash, one behind the glove, the other behind the clocks.

Obviously youll need to remove all the dash ancillarys first, like clocks, heater vents etc etc to gain acess to the back of the dash Dave.

P.S. Youll need a long extension bar too ;)

Jack
23-12-07, 09:52 PM
2 either side, two or three large bolts at the top of the dash underneath (below the windscreen) - remove glove box for one, dials for the second and I think there might be a third in the middle. Think there may also be a bolt in the centre at the bottom, behind the centre console.

[edit] as mike said lol

Do you need to remove the headlamp switch surround? Good luck with that, I hate getting that section off lol

Dave.
23-12-07, 09:53 PM
nice one :thumb:

Mike
23-12-07, 10:04 PM
Do you need to remove the headlamp switch surround? Good luck with that, I hate getting that section off lol

Oh yea, you do lol remove the headlight dim/dip switch, and theres a phillips screw behind it, remove that and whole sqaure section comes off ;) to remove the centre vent section, pry out drivers side vent (IIRC) and theres another stealthy screw behind that also ;)

Jack
23-12-07, 10:05 PM
Oh yea, you do lol remove the headlight dim/dip switch
You say it like its an easy thing to do lol

Mike
23-12-07, 10:15 PM
You say it like its an easy thing to do lol

It is lol two small Jewellers screwdrivers, both of the flat head variety, and you can prise it out. Job for dave. Literaly lol lol lol

Lee H
23-12-07, 10:28 PM
to remove the centre vent section, pry out drivers side vent (IIRC) and theres another stealthy screw behind that also ;)

Passenger side (god i'm sad :roll: )

Riggy
23-12-07, 10:39 PM
lol you said it lee lol

Dave.
23-12-07, 10:41 PM
carl, if your free tomorrow nip down and give us another hand, be there at 12 :thumb: would be a huge help

Riggy
23-12-07, 10:45 PM
cant tomorrow dave , have to go buy my misses something for xmas , and its got to be good as she wont see alot of me due to working on nova over holiday lol

Lee H
23-12-07, 10:46 PM
lol you said it lee lol

Cheers mate :cry:

Dave.
23-12-07, 10:48 PM
get rexy to come down with my spoiler then lmao

NovaLad
23-12-07, 10:49 PM
cant tomorrow dave , have to go buy my misses something for xmas , and its got to be good as she wont see alot of me due to working on nova over holiday lol If you watched top gear by her a cigarette lighter rampit rabbit lol.

Dave.
23-12-07, 11:03 PM
or some lambo borballs

SpellBot
24-12-07, 09:31 AM
borballs
bau?ble (b?'bəl)
n.

1. A small, showy ornament of little value; a trinket.

Riggy
24-12-07, 09:41 AM
^^^ pmsl thats got to be jack ?

Mike
24-12-07, 11:29 AM
^^^ pmsl thats got to be jack ?

lol lol to true :D

scott.parker
24-12-07, 12:47 PM
lol @ Spell bot!

My old dash came out fine, i must admit theres a lot of hidden fixings but you just start taking it out and find them as you go, if you don't then do as i did and just pull till something brakes lol lol

L33 LEG
24-12-07, 01:14 PM
i took my dash out last week, just sort of guessed where the bolts where, its fairly obvious really and shouldnt take long at all to do. oh and good luck removing the wheel if its not off already!

dan23
24-12-07, 01:57 PM
a couple of tips to save time if its in scrappy /not yours

remove nut from steering wheel put half inch extension against the colum shaft hit it hard with hammer an the shaft will slide down popping the wheel off an fcking the steering colum

dont worry about the trying to remove the stupid head light switch to get to the screwjust pull the houseing really hard with the switch still in place an the screw will pull through the hole an you can remove the swich later an fit a screw with a washer on it

twistysnovagte
24-12-07, 06:38 PM
sorry couldnt be there m8 gutted as i realy need the screen last minute panic buying with the missuslol