PDA

View Full Version : right lads need your help

feel the force
23-12-07, 07:53 PM
right iv been given a near mint 1.0 shell after spending hours going xe/let/smallblock:confused: in need some more info on the rear engined nova in tv this month any help is good lads my dad did a few rear mount engines for autograssing but we need this one to be road legal :thumb:so come on lads dig deep for the piccys of it being built

Lynsey
23-12-07, 07:57 PM
You need to speak to 'Chip' on www.vauxsport.com (http://www.vauxsport.com) :p

feel the force
24-12-07, 12:11 PM
thanks il shoot im a email

craig green
24-12-07, 01:30 PM
Dont do it.

Flawed in so many ways & only good for 1 thing. Doughnuts.

feel the force
25-12-07, 08:45 AM
Dont do it.

Flawed in so many ways & only good for 1 thing. Doughnuts.
i no what your sayin craig ;) i see so many let/xe novas i like the idea of being different.i drove a pug 106 with a rear engine once at autograssing i no driving in a fields different but if you concentrated :eek: u could make it go quite well.studying the one that ''chip'' has i feel the power is too much too early having a turbo as everyone no's is instantand all at once,i dont no the spec of the engine but any let is enough to throw a nova around not to mention a rwd one at that:eek:theres a c16xe rear engined nova rally car and that does well in its class.im looking at using a honda v-tec :confused: if the build goes ahead:thumb:

Stuart
25-12-07, 08:51 AM
the engine is largely feck all to do with why its flawed..... its down to the suspension set up you have at the back and the way the angles dont work if you simply hack the front end of X car into the back end of a nova.

feel the force
25-12-07, 09:31 AM
the engine is largely feck all to do with why its flawed..... its down to the suspension set up you have at the back and the way the angles dont work if you simply hack the front end of X car into the back end of a nova.
this is asls true stuart looking at chips its still using astra struts this could cause some isues tbh the way i was looking at doing the conversion was a double wishbone set up so everything could be ajustable to try set up the car a little better.but in respect having 250bhp hitting the rear wheels of something so lite and short wont do anyone any favors tbh

Stoo
25-12-07, 10:27 AM
and how exactly do you prop to do DW suspension in a novas rear arches?

feel the force
25-12-07, 11:04 AM
and how exactly do you prop to do DW suspension in a novas rear arches?use the original astra bottom arms and ball joint construct a top wishbone using rose joints and making a custom mount to attach to the astra hub easy build a mounting point into the rear cage that will hold the engine to mount the rear shox as we used to do with autograssers

Stoo
25-12-07, 11:06 AM
well

good luck

theres plenty of dreamers on here at the mo

your top of the list for the time being

feel the force
25-12-07, 11:19 AM
well

good luck

theres plenty of dreamers on here at the mo

your top of the list for the time being
and how do you work that out i MAY be doing a conversion that has been done before more than once.the fastest nova around had a simular set up (the eds twin engine nova) if you ever are passing a round of autograssing i strongly advise you call in and take a look around rear engine'd cars are old news to people who race,i only was looking for a bit of help from people who will help i have some help in the way of construction in the way of 4 people who race autograss 3 with rear engine cars one of them being a 4.6ltr v8 pug 106,the problem with some people on here the want to blunt you out before you start a project

Stoo
25-12-07, 11:22 AM
not trying to blunt you at all

i said good luck

this place is 99% full of all talk no pants dreamers

and dont talk to me about fabrication/autograsstrack horsesh1t lol

been there done that

feel the force
25-12-07, 11:36 AM
well il sort you some pics out when the project begins wont be for a month or so but we'll see whos dreaming

Stoo
25-12-07, 01:36 PM
look forward to seeing the pics