PDA

View Full Version : [b]Electrical prob and wheel bearing[/b]

nova dosed
09-07-02, 01:02 AM
I got a slight problem with my electrics!!
I keep blowing the bottom right fuse (rev light which dont work, dash instruments and cig lighter). ive tried a 15a, 20a, 25a and they all keep blowing duz any one have any ideas?
Me mates seem to think if i put a 30 or 40a fuse in let it smoke then ill no i'd rather do it the safe way.

Please help im rather baffold oin this one ive tried disconnecting the cig lighter and me rev light dont work any way.
Also i had a wheel bearing goin kept knockin so i put another on (replaced the whole hub off a diff nova) this one had no play at all and sound sweet untill i started driving and now its humming especilly round left hand corners. What can that be the first one couldnt of killed the gear box could it its starting to piss me off.

So much so i may get another nova

Dicko
09-07-02, 03:06 AM
maybe its the other side or u aint tightened it enough and brakes are catching

Stuart
09-07-02, 07:17 PM
the right bearing is fucked then

as for the elec prob DONT fit a fuse higher than the one tahts meant to be there, you can cause a fire that way!

Stuart
09-07-02, 07:17 PM
the right bearing is fucked then

as for the elec prob DONT fit a fuse higher than the one tahts meant to be there, you can cause a fire that way!

ade
09-07-02, 08:32 PM
if yer bearing was going youd normally get a humming noise constantly not just when u were cornering - check yer suspension joints out/tyre not rubbing etc... (similar post a while ago from forget who it was who raced a fiesta and ran into a roundabout-he had similar noise :?: )

As for electrics, check earth connections, short outs and moisture. Disconnect each thing connected to that fuse (fag lighter, rev counter etc). If yer rev counter wasnt working before that maybe the problem (shorting out)?
If you have one get a volt meter on it to track where the spike is coming from

Ade