PDA

View Full Version : [b]Electrical prob and wheel bearing[/b]

nova dosed
09-07-02, 01:00 AM
I got a slight problem with my electrics!!
I keep blowing the bottom right fuse (rev light which dont work, dash instruments and cig lighter). ive tried a 15a, 20a, 25a and they all keep blowing duz any one have any ideas?
Me mates seem to think if i put a 30 or 40a fuse in let it smoke then ill no i'd rather do it the safe way.

Please help im rather baffold oin this one ive tried disconnecting the cig lighter and me rev light dont work any way.
Also i had a wheel bearing goin kept knockin so i put another on (replaced the whole hub off a diff nova) this one had no play at all and sound sweet untill i started driving and now its humming especilly round left hand corners. What can that be the first one couldnt of killed the gear box could it its starting to piss me off.

So much so i may get another nova

neiloakley
09-07-02, 12:31 PM
as for the electrics, have you got a digi dash? cos one of my wires got trapped behind the dash and shorted to earth and kept blowing the fuse. Just take you clocks out and inspect all the wiring.

Noise:
If the noise is coming from front left and it makes a noise round left hand bends then it is likely to be a CV joint and not the hub it's self. If the cvj goes, you wont get any play in the wheel but it will humm and get louder the faster you go. Check the cv boots. If one has split, chances are that cvj will need replacing. Only ?20 for new cvj and boot.

neiloakley
09-07-02, 12:31 PM
as for the electrics, have you got a digi dash? cos one of my wires got trapped behind the dash and shorted to earth and kept blowing the fuse. Just take you clocks out and inspect all the wiring.

Noise:
If the noise is coming from front left and it makes a noise round left hand bends then it is likely to be a CV joint and not the hub it's self. If the cvj goes, you wont get any play in the wheel but it will humm and get louder the faster you go. Check the cv boots. If one has split, chances are that cvj will need replacing. Only ?20 for new cvj and boot.