PDA

View Full Version : wiper problem

14nova
22-12-07, 10:17 PM
finally got a nova but have just realised tonight that the intermit on the wipers doesnt work. the other speeds work fine to. when on intermit the wipers move up a bit and stop. and if you switch from another speed to intermit they stop.

also the rear wiper when you turn om does he same thing. put it on and it moves a bit and stops it eventually comes back down the the rest position tho.

can anyone help with this?

secondly the lights are very dim when driving at night im thinking of up gradeing them. what watage can i go to as i dont want to end up melting something

thanks

peester
22-12-07, 11:47 PM
should be wiring my good sir.. start at least by checking the looms from back of fuse box throughout the car.. for the two aplications.

Welsh Dan
23-12-07, 01:42 AM
I had a similar problem with the intermittent wipe, put the stalk in the intermittent position, then push it down, but not so much that it clicks into the off position, if they then work, then just replace the stalk. As for the bulbs just replace them with normal 50/55W ones from a motor factors.

Jack
23-12-07, 01:59 AM
Halfords +50% were rated as the best buy in an Auto Express test iirc. I've always run higher wattage bulbs in my old novas, PIAA are the best IMO but very expensive.

I'll more than likely be fitting HIDs in the nova though. Got used to them in the Celica :D