PDA

View Full Version : Automotive wiring/cabling

Iain
20-12-07, 03:20 PM
Can anybody recommend high-street shops for buying such wiring? I used to use Maplin but now I've found half their cables are now only available online.

I require roughly 5 metres of red and either black/brown 30A power cable so seems like overkill paying postage by getting it off the Internet.

Cheers.

draper
20-12-07, 03:21 PM
vehicle wiring products in ilkeston, dedicated to automotive wiring and just round the corner from me

Adam
20-12-07, 03:22 PM
VehicleWiringPorducts are good.
But online, tho check their addrress, they may be local to you.

Edit-As above lol
I had a feeling they were quite close to Notts

Iain
20-12-07, 03:23 PM
Woah I didn't realise they were based in Ilkeston!!! Not far at all then. Nice one.

Novasport
20-12-07, 04:07 PM
Yeah, they are good lads there and should have most things you need.
Used to work there many moons ago.

www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk

craig green
20-12-07, 04:26 PM
Blimey! Whats the chances of the UK's best known supplier being on your door step?

Philsutton
20-12-07, 06:24 PM
what are you wiring? I have miles an miles of brand new cable left over from making my loom up, there is about 6 million different colours as well.

Iain
24-12-07, 12:26 AM
Yeah they're good guys, sorted me out with what I needed, quite happy about finding they're so close.

Sorry Phil only just realised you replied, I just needed a few metres to run a +ve from the battery for something in my engine bay. I'll bear that in mind though if/when I need any more wiring.