PDA

View Full Version : under cover or ott?!

dan16v
08-07-02, 10:34 PM
just wondering what you guys prefere on ur nova! its a hard decision as if an ott car is done rite it looks mad but if its a les smith motorsport rep then it sux!
but then again i prefere my novas with a nice 16v n keep the exterior subtle ie no skirts std gsi bumpers n just a splitter as then you kan suprise all the bmw and scooby boy racers! best one i ever done was with my 1.3sr it had a gte lump with cam but i left all the vynall and sr badges on he he! my 16v still has an sr badge in the grill!
so wat have u lot decided to do phat or under cover?! :o :o

?Marty?
09-07-02, 01:59 AM
Are you building your car for yourself or to please others?

Ian
09-07-02, 08:12 AM
well mines kitted, but i like to think its not ott, everything balanced. ive built it how i want it and not gone ott with silly wheels.

Dan 5door
09-07-02, 08:53 AM
there a huge gap between OTT and subtle and I prefer the happy medium of the two. EG stand out but not un road worthy

?Marty?
09-07-02, 06:02 PM
Put me down for that too.

dan16v
09-07-02, 06:32 PM
i built my nova for me and i like it to not stand out as i said its weird how peps look at you if ur car is fairly std they see my sr badge and you can see the look on their face its like ha its only an sr! but then they dont know it has ?2000 worth of 16v under it, i like element of suprise!
BUT then ians car aboveish is wat i call ott but it looks mad bcuz it is done well and not slapped up, if i could build a car like that i would do it as it is spot on, but i feel i wuldnt enjoy it as id be busy looking after it ie dont rag it etc incase of stone chips etc!?? :roll:

ade
09-07-02, 10:32 PM
u want stone chips u wanna see the front ofg my car - looks like its been parked in front of a gritter for a week! lol

Pros n cons of a rushed paint job 3 yrs ago.

I prefer the subtle approach for styling meself - as long as u are happy with it sod everyone else - at the end of the day its u thats got to drive the thing. As long as it runs smooth, sounds sweet and looks good with the occasional head turn that'll suit me.

I dont think ians car is ott but it certainly stands out. OTT cars are the ones with ridiculous styling - u know the stuff - the more boy racer stuff they can stick on the car the better.

OTT or original? that is the question
8)