PDA

View Full Version : kit to standard

benthehash
20-12-07, 11:13 AM
i'm removing the kit for a standard look i really want gm gsi bumpers and skirts in the plastic black/unpaited but could just paint black. any1 any idears where i can get hold of em????
thanks plus any1 want a bodykit abyss or kingdom cheap pm me

cheers ben

Iain
20-12-07, 11:28 AM
GSi front bumpers in standard grey plastic will be very hard to come by, so you're probably better off getting a painted one and painting it black. Best bet is sourcing one second hand off here or other forums, as you cannot buy them new anymore (not sure if you can still get them abroad).

Normal rear bumpers are practically the same as a GSi rear bumper so just get one of those.

Same with sideskirts, source some second hand ones, and again slightly harder to find if you're trying to get the original plastic (but not as hard as finding a front bumper).

Riggy
20-12-07, 11:32 AM
another young un seen the light :thumb:

benthehash
20-12-07, 11:44 AM
wouldn't really say youngun i'm 23 had this nova over a year but it's been of the road for 10 months should be a mint striped t40 1600 when it's done

time+money and hardwork i'll get there

craig green
20-12-07, 11:56 AM
Good move. Fibreglass tat has NEVER been cool on Novas.

UPOL make a grey OE look plastic bumper trim paint spray which what I'd use on the bumpers etc.
Black tends to look a bit fake IMO.

Try searching on ebay for the spray. Thats where I saw it last.

draper
20-12-07, 11:58 AM
which kingdom kit is it ??

craig green
20-12-07, 12:04 PM
Dont forget Novadose (the original culprit), Abyss kit (biscuit), Kingdom, Quad conversions & all the other atrocities I never even took the time to note what they were called.

Delta?

'that' bumper that can be retrofitted to any car or vehicle (universal jap thing)

draper
20-12-07, 12:07 PM
i like the novadose kit, saw a mk2 nova in nottingham once with one and multispoke wheels - looked ace although it was the late 90s lol

Riggy
20-12-07, 12:11 PM
pmsl @ the delta kit , that was horrid ,

whats funny though is there isa mk2 astra gte convertable in my local scrappers with a delta kit on lol

draper
20-12-07, 12:13 PM

whats funny though is there isa mk2 astra gte convertable in my local scrappers with a delta kit on lol

like a convertable mk2 astra isnt bad enough without a delta kit

craig green
20-12-07, 12:13 PM
If I'm honest. I hated the Novadose kit back then with a passion, especially the horrendous car/picture that Fibresports used in the adverts for it. Fair play to anyone that saw that pic & could visualise it looking good. However the grille deserved to be 'batted' off any car wearing it.

However I actually dont mind the kit as much as I used to. Its kinda stood the test of time & does hark back to the golden days of Nova modding. I've seen a few cars that have used the front bumper & maybe rear to good effect. Jim's black Nova uses the skirts (on there own) well too.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/PVS07pics/STA41254.jpg

craig green
20-12-07, 12:15 PM

I find it truly astonishing anyone bought any Delta products!

Best place for a mk2 convertible & even more suitable the kit should end up there too. :p

DW-Nova
25-12-07, 09:26 PM
YOU CAN GET BRAND NEW GSI BUMPERS!!!! tuning.co.uk sell them, even if theyre not listed on the site they definetley sell them, theyre ?145 i bought one a few months ago, plain plastic brand new GM. They still list GSI side skirts, however when a friend tried to order a set they said that they couldnt get them anymore. The novadose side skirts look really good imo, alot better than the GSI ones. While i'm here what dose everyone think of smoothed off GSI bumpers as thats what im in the process of doing.

Nick
25-12-07, 10:48 PM
Someone mentioned spraying a bumper to the original GM plastic finish.

I've mentioned this countless times before. There is a vauxhall colour that is an EXACT match for the original GM plastic bumpers.

On the Unpainted Grey plastic GM GSi fronts, the Tow Eye cover is infact Painted for some daft reason.

One day i might get round to finding out what the code actually is, but Rover Hurricane grey is certainly too light !

benthehash
27-12-07, 02:30 PM
after looking and dreaming i'm still unsure on black or colour coded gsi kit. but that GM grey sounds tasty any one know the code?

Clean 2.0 nova
28-12-07, 02:46 PM
wouldn't really say youngun i'm 23

Yeah 23 is really old :(