PDA

View Full Version : Fuel leak

Nova_Legend
20-12-07, 03:50 AM
Few days ago someone mentioned to me that they could smell fuel after id just started my car, couldnt see much as it was dark so dismissed it as just "on choke"

Came home after a longish drive one day and smelt it myself so that threw the choke thory out the window. The driver side rear wheel was wet and the other 3 dry so I wiped my hand on it and smelt fuel :eek:

Where is it most likley to be coming from? I did fill up about 40 mins before so could it be the filler neck?

Any particular weak spots around that area I need to check?

Cheers

Andy

Welsh Dan
20-12-07, 08:15 AM
It could be the filler neck but I'm afraid its just a case of having a look around underneath until you find it. If you can't find it then run out of fuel (on your driveway), then after waiting for the exhaust to cool down, remove the fuel tank to inspect the top side.

Dexter
20-12-07, 03:36 PM
I will put money on it being the hose that connects the petrol tank up to the metal fuel line that runs to the front of your car. Ive had this go on 2 different novas. Easy to replace. I think the pipe from the tank to the line is a 10mm diameter pipe by memory.
Hope this helps its dead easy to find. Dont let petrol leak into your eye if you look at it from underneath because it hurts quite a bit and you will find that you eye will also smell of petrol.

Dex

Nova_Legend
21-12-07, 06:04 PM
Cheers, shall check it out when I get a chance :thumb:

Andy