PDA

View Full Version : feuling problem

gammienov16v
20-12-07, 01:41 AM
i put i 1.6 gsi engine in my nova this week, it was a 1.2 spi before.

how can i stop the fuel starvation, without buyin a feul swirl pot wen i give it full throttle in a straight line it has littel moments of sputerin, it also spluters and jurkes wen i exit a corner, can anyone help, or point me in the right direction.:confused:

thanks

just vaux trev
20-12-07, 02:15 AM
my 2.0 8v does the same mostly when nail it and change gear
mine does it because it's only running a 1.4 fuel pump,
are you using the gsi fuel pump??

gammienov16v
20-12-07, 02:27 AM
i had the same truble with my 2l 8v and me 2l 16v before i took it out to rebuil it, it realy dose your nut in after awhile. im runnin a 2l feul pump and the presure is right to but i just carn't be botherd to get a swirl pot before i put the 2l 16v lump back in. im not sure wether the built in pump as it was 1.2 spi in the tank is workin eather im going to cheack it tomorrow.

thanks trev

just vaux trev
20-12-07, 02:52 AM
if you are still running the 1200 spi pump in the tank it will not allow the 2.0
fuel pump enough fuel im not 100% but try disconect wiring for the spi pump

gammienov16v
20-12-07, 02:55 AM
cheers trev i will give it a go 2moz mate, see wot happen's

Riggy
20-12-07, 09:38 AM
if you cant be bothered to buy a swirl pot then you will be buying a new engine as fuel starvation WILL kill it, it will just pink to death

also a 1.2i fuel pump will not give you the right pressure ,

id suggest that you dont drive the car untill you get it sorted , get your self a corsa or astra mpi fuel pump , this will replace you spi intank one and has a swirl pot built in

gammienov16v
20-12-07, 04:39 PM
im runnin a calibra 2l 8v mpi feul pump withch is mounted under the bonet and the one in the 1.2 spi tank, mate any sugestions.

gammienov16v
20-12-07, 04:48 PM
help i don't wonna rebuil another engine.

anyone thanks

it run's fine untill i hit a bump or go round a corner, its a real head pickler for me :confused:

all help as greatfully acsepted lads.

before it get's said i no i need speling lessons tolol

Riggy
20-12-07, 09:10 PM
dont have a pump in the bay , pumps push not suck , remove that and the spi , you dont need 2 pumps ,

fit a mpi corsa or astra into the tank where your old spi pump is , job done :thumb:

gammienov16v
20-12-07, 11:14 PM
dont have a pump in the bay , pumps push not suck , remove that and the spi , you dont need 2 pumps ,

fit a mpi corsa or astra into the tank where your old spi pump is , job done :thumb: cheers mate i undersand wot you mean now i will give it ago.

thanks for your help:thumb:

Adam
20-12-07, 11:28 PM
If its a SPi tank then it already has a swirl pot, unless the spot weld has broken that holds it in place inside the tank.

As Riggy said, remove bay pump. Unbolt the spi one(6 bolts) under the rear seats. Get a mk3 astra mpi pump, and the whole thing just bolts straight in.

gammienov16v
21-12-07, 02:24 PM
If its a SPi tank then it already has a swirl pot, unless the spot weld has broken that holds it in place inside the tank.

As Riggy said, remove bay pump. Unbolt the spi one(6 bolts) under the rear seats. Get a mk3 astra mpi pump, and the whole thing just bolts straight in.thanks ad, im going to go that way i think, ive been a seen my mate that works at brindley vauxhall, he's told me to do the same.:thumb:

gammienov16v
21-12-07, 02:25 PM
thanks for the help lads:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gammienov16v
22-12-07, 02:15 PM
i have sucsess no more splutter, thank for all your help lads, im very greatfull:thumb: :thumb: