PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 sr help needed

southard
19-12-07, 04:25 PM
i have just changed my engine from a 1.2i to a 1.4sr carbed version and even thogh my battery is fullycharged it sounds like my car is dying even when im getting jumped by a 4 litre land rover it seems that when i turn it over it just sounds like the battery is going flat the battery is only 2 months old so dont think its that so what else could it be i mean it should start with a jump from a land rover it seems to sound like it trys to start but then it feels it dont have enough power to turn the engine and the starter mor is for the 1.4 engine need help please?

just vaux trev
19-12-07, 05:04 PM
bad earth somewhere bud

Ernie
19-12-07, 05:41 PM
check the 1 from the gearbox to the inside chassis leg.

just vaux trev
19-12-07, 05:43 PM
charge batt,
conect 1 jump lead from batt earth to alt bracket and try it then

vxsri20
19-12-07, 05:55 PM
ive done the same conversion as you mate, and mine done exactly the same thing, checked all the earth's and it turned out to be the one what goes from gearbox to the chassis leg as said above

southard
20-12-07, 12:19 AM
nice one will have a check tomorow will let you know the out come will have some pics on the projects soon as well

southard
20-12-07, 03:38 PM
now owrks great fully working order and quick just need an exhaust now from the down pipe i do have one problem my digi dash has stopped working do i need to run a wire from the brown on the coil to the back of the brown on the digi dash

Dexter
20-12-07, 03:42 PM
Well the wire that would be on the coil is for the rev counter so its not vital but its nice to have. If it doesnt come on at all it would be just a supply issue to the digi dash you need to look into. I dont know about it on here but on roybacer we used to have a pretty much universal wiring diagram that was good for installations and fault finding.