PDA

View Full Version : FLUSHING TAILGATES. WHY BOTHER?

?Marty?
08-07-02, 06:46 PM
So it makes the tailgate look better, but then you mess up your bumper putting on the things that you took off the tailgate (apart from rear wipe/lock and etc). So why bother?

If novas came out the factory with flushed tailgates, the exact same people would be flushing their bumpers, and putting the numberplates/recesses on the tailgate instead. Just for the sake of changing something.

novaexplod
08-07-02, 07:15 PM
if vauxhall flushed the tailgate i dont reckon people would change it to how it is now. it looks a lot better flushed cos wen the boot is original it looks to clustered, but i dont think theres any point of removing the back wiper or the lock, but the badges and the numberplate and recess make it look to clustered up. 0X

Ian
09-07-02, 12:55 PM
and flushed tailgates are so common now :wink: :P

http://www.cruisenorthwest.co.uk/Images/Non%20Animated/Members/Ian/donny34.jpg

Breeny
09-07-02, 03:06 PM
The veedub boys have been doing that for years Ian so don't get all big headed thinking ya did it first :P

Needs to be a bit bigger anyway :P

?Marty?
09-07-02, 06:15 PM
first on a nova though.

Did people say to karthik - don't get big headed now, the Mazda RX7/Supra boys have been doing it for years? No. They gave his ass a good rimming.

And as for the tailgate being clustered - it's a choice as to whether you have a clustered tailgate or bumper then. I think it's better to leave the numberplate on the tailgate (maybe modify it, so it's 'sleeker'). aspecially if you have a big rear spoiler/tailpipe, otherwise it will look out of balance. ie too much stuff on the top and bottom of the car, and nothing in the middle.

?Marty?
09-07-02, 06:16 PM
Make it look really tall, but narrow. Thus a bit crap.

Breeny
09-07-02, 06:24 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

novaworld
09-07-02, 07:23 PM
Oh dear cool.marty, me and you really wouldn't get on :cry: I'm sure you're a decent guy, but as soon as I stop writing about something I disagree with that you wrote, here I am doing it again. Anyway...flushed tailgates: Look fantastic. Completely transform the back end. Wouldn't say it messed up the bumper, not if mounted nicely. You say that people would be doing it for the sake of changing something if they were like it from the factory, well yes, probably, if it looked good. its all about modifying. If you're going to do it though, the wiper and lock must come off too, looks totally wrong with them left on. Ruins the smooth look of the flushed tailgate. Rant over now.

http://www.faceparty.com/public/69/images/gteboy_784279.jpg

SpArKySR
09-07-02, 10:00 PM
i loved flushed tailgates, but have noticed how common they have become. so i thought id do somethin a little different. i just removed the wiper, delocked the grab handle. it looked a bit bare, so after lookin at my mates 1979 vauxhall chevette lol i nicked the idea of havin VAUXHALL letterin spread across the grab handle lol obviously usin nice shiney new letters. and of course clear rears finish it off a treat :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alun.hinder/sparks/rollinroad/25.jpg

i think it looks better than standard, not sure if its nicer than a flushed tailgate though. ive never seen it done b4 on a nova, so its a bit original. around my way anyway.

yela_nova_rob
10-07-02, 09:11 AM
As stupid as it seams if vauxhaul made flushed tail gates then people would end up modin there novas so they had a mounted number plate on there tail gate,

its the same with everything....you buy a car lowered and you then want

it lower, with alloys and then you want bigger and it just gos on and on

djp_y2k
10-07-02, 10:17 AM
Its as common as muck now, but still transforms the back end loads. It will always look good as long as the wiper and lock are smoothed off as well.

I've got so used to seing novas with smoothed boots now, it looks wierd when one drives past with out it done.

Ian
10-07-02, 10:30 AM
the key is thinking about where you are going to put the number plate, you have to do it properly like howell/brett w have done a nice reces in bumper not just throwing a square plate on with self tappers like loads do.

Ste_Nova
10-07-02, 11:06 AM
The veedub boys have been doing that for years Ian so don't get all big headed thinking ya did it first

guess where the idea came from :wink:

?Marty?
11-07-02, 02:03 AM
And after all that gues who's been planning to get their tailgate flushed? Me. :lol:

Although i'll be adding a 'trick' touch. Never seen before (on a nova) too. :wink: Done loads on other makes though.

If a particular mod is very popular, then obviously it looks good.

<--- argues about anything just for the sake of it. :D

Ric 16v
11-07-02, 01:44 PM
IAN !! I'm sorry to say this but I (personally) think ur tailgate looks shit, SORRY !!! especialy where the numberplate is !! nice exhaust though

?Marty?
12-07-02, 12:06 AM
That's shocking behaviour that is! How can you go round saying you don't like other peoples cars!? :o

louise
12-07-02, 10:01 AM
tbh i never really wanted mine doing when i had the nova, but my fella managed to talk me into it - really really glad i did after it was done, cos he did the recess properly and it looked brilliant - i left the wiper on, and think it looked ok (had to leave it on, especially as i had a mad drive to reverse down!!)

even when the woman rear-ended me, not a mark in the filla on the boot, didnt even crack the metal plate!!!!

only prob with it now, is like alot of people said - its soooo common now, thats why i aint done it to the astra!!!

Personal preference at the end of the day!! :)

Dan 5door
12-07-02, 10:12 AM
Ians tailgate is really growing on me, I like it specially in the picture he first posted, though when I first saw it I was like :?:

but now :!:

I wouldn't get it done meself though :|

I love flushed tailgates :D :o but they are really common now :x

I also love these smiles! 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :wink: :P :? :roll: :idea: :!:

Breeny
12-07-02, 11:06 AM
:D :) :( :o :? 8) :lol: :x :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :| :arrow: :idea: :?:

me too!

Ian
12-07-02, 11:09 AM
theres loads more if you click view more

:fist: :microwav: :2gunfire:

nathanl
12-07-02, 11:28 AM
I couldn't be bothered to read through all the posts but I personally think flushed tailgates look alright but they do make nova's look like festers from a distance (which isn't good), let the slagging off of me bagin :lol:

Dan 5door
12-07-02, 11:59 AM
:eggface:

:drinking: :smilecol: :silly: :grab: