PDA

View Full Version : Help!! locking wheel nuts :(

Will
08-07-02, 01:46 PM
hi guys, got a big problem that im sure can be sorted with ur advice! thing is ive lost the key to my locking wheel nuts and the peice of paper with the code to get a replacement, DOH!

Only 2 of the wheels have the locking nuts on but i need to get them off, wots the best method e.g drilling them out etc and how? they are the 3 pin style locking nuts.

I need to get this sorted sharp ish

cheers in advance :)

nathanl
08-07-02, 02:02 PM
The way I did mine when I lost the nut was to get a socket that is a tiny bit smaller than the nut, hammer it on and twist it like you have never twisted before, It takes a while and is a bit of a mission but that is the only way I know, good luck :evil:

Ste_Nova
08-07-02, 03:28 PM
yup hammer on a close fitting socket... or pop to ur local ats/aa place and pay ?10 a nut

Dicko
08-07-02, 05:00 PM
if it has 3 holes maybe 1 of those gaitor sockets would work as long as its not too tight!!!

i know i can get mine off with 1 of those!!

?Marty?
08-07-02, 05:49 PM
Get a piece of metal/stick, with a rope attached to it on one end, and three pins attached to the other. Insert pins into holes and keep twisting the metal/stick so it twists and tightens the rope. Keep twisting it till the nuts come out.

(could work, but i've just 'dreamed' this up).

For one's that have grooves and shit on the sides, ring up ScrewFix Direct and buy a 'gator' wrench. Will remove any combination.