PDA

View Full Version : my wheels are bent whatll i do?

alan b
17-12-07, 12:14 AM
hey guys recently i thaught i needed to get my wheels balanced as the steering wheel is shacking like ****! anyway i got them balanced and they were a little better but still bad, when on the lift you can see there bent i spots, from these stupid roads in ireland might i add! of course 195/45' cant be helping either, anyway i like my irmscher wheels and dont wana replace them(im broke too) anyway is there anyway i can straighten them? of can only steel wheels be straightened? cheers

Welsh Dan
17-12-07, 12:15 AM
Alloys can be straightened sometimes, but the problem is that they can crack. If they have already bent then I'd consider replacing them asap.

alan b
17-12-07, 01:05 AM
there just flat spots ya get me? from bumps in the road, they were dear i dont wana replave themlol lol lol

Riggy
17-12-07, 10:54 AM
i dont think there will be much choice lol

you could try and take them to a refurb place but i think there past it

Stuart
17-12-07, 11:07 AM
I'd get them checked as "kerbing" shouldnt do toooo much to alter the balance. Plus if they balance ok on the wheel machine then they should be fine on the car.

Warped discs?

EUROTURBO
17-12-07, 11:20 AM
dont take any chances mate, if there bent, change em even if it costs a bit, you dont wanna be drivin down the road have a blow out at 70mph for instance and that be the cause of you killing you n the car....

craig green
17-12-07, 11:28 AM
ebay them off. Get some new ones.

Riggy
17-12-07, 11:36 AM
ebay them off. Get some new ones.

lol remind me never to buy some wheels of you :D lol lol

alan b
17-12-07, 09:13 PM
there not kerbed atall though, its just the inside from hitting road work humps and pot holes il just try balancing them again, got new discs and pads too just incase its that!