PDA

View Full Version : heating

lynchy
16-12-07, 08:55 PM
when i brought my nova it had no heating. apparently theres one pipe there for it but i am missing anothe that goes into the bulk head iirc ??? could anybody tell me what i need ? cheers

mowgli
16-12-07, 09:38 PM
your money back!!!!!!

the pipe just doesn't just fall off. a new piece of heater pipe is about a quid & if there is only one piece of pipe, then the water should have all drained out... I think there is some sort of bodgery going on. the two pipes should be side by side going thru the bulkhead.

what engine/model is it?

lynchy
16-12-07, 10:04 PM
not sure mate. i dont think it has ever been in so dont think its fallen off lol all i know is the pipe closer to the drivers side is there but the one thats pretty much in-line with the passenger isnt :confused: any ideas?

coombsey
16-12-07, 10:13 PM
the other is behind your inlet manifold whoever had it before just bypassed the heater matrix

Welsh Dan
17-12-07, 12:06 AM
Find the small hose (1 inch accros, ish), that goes from the inlet manifold, to the big metal/plastic water pipe at the back of the engine, connect one end of that pipe to the heater matrix, then get another one to connect the other end of the matrix to the end now left open.

Bear in mind that the only real reason for doing this is a leaky matrix.