PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump and swirl pot

tony k
16-12-07, 08:31 PM
i know i need 2 fuel pumps but my mate was saying i need a high volocity pump and a low volocity pump aint got a clue really was gonna order some but then thought i would ask you guys first is there any named brands i should go for its for a c20let lump cheers

ste porter
16-12-07, 08:37 PM
i belive you need a slightly higher flow rate pump to feed the swirl pot (hence why they have a return pipe) and a slightly lower rate apropriate fuel pump to feed ur designated fuel system

mowgli
16-12-07, 09:43 PM
if you have got an fuel injection tank, it comes with an integral swirl pot & you only need a stock efi pump. if you are using an old carb tank with a return, then you need a low pressure pump ie. a facet red top, to feed the swirl pot, & a high pressure pump (a stock vauxhall one) to feed the injection system

ste porter
17-12-07, 12:55 AM
then you need a low pressure pump ie. a facet red top, to feed the swirl pot, & a high pressure pump (a stock vauxhall one) to feed the injection system

surely that wouldent work within seconds of the high flow pump beeing switched on it will have drained the swirl pot because it canot fill up as fast as it is beeing emptied

Stuart
17-12-07, 09:22 AM
with little or no pressure for the facet to face it can pump approx 150Litres per hour...... go on tell me your engine can comsume 150litres of fuel per hour lol.

tony k
17-12-07, 10:40 AM
i aint got a clue with all these pumps going to buy them today cheers guys

Stuart
17-12-07, 10:48 AM
lol so you dont know what you are buying, but you will buy them anyway.......

tony k
17-12-07, 10:59 AM
im gonna get a facet redtop pump to fill the swirl pot and a walbro pump to feed the injection system or the one off nova~chris he has got for sale which does 190lph would that pump be ok

tony k
17-12-07, 01:59 PM
would this pump be ok to fill the swirl pot
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=30&products_id=1695

Stuart
17-12-07, 02:10 PM
yes that will be fine. and chris's pump will be fine for the high pressure side

Dar has a good piccy of his fuel setup iirc.

tony k
17-12-07, 02:11 PM
cheers stuart