PDA

View Full Version : fuel pumps etc

greg1.4
15-12-07, 08:31 PM
right, going to run fuel lines inside my nova rally car, what kind of pipe do i use? I am going to be running a 1300 with twin carbs. is it a good idea to use the standard mechanical pump that runs off the cam lobe or should i get a electric pump from a spi?

basicly can someone tell me what tank to use, what lines, pump and wires to use for the electric pump?

would it be a good idea to buy a facet pump or something? is it then a case of mounting it somewhere, a pipe from the tank (feed) into the pump then a pipe from the pump to the carbs? would that be ok? does it matter what tank i use if running a facet pump?

i am fitting a 1.2 carb's loom into my nova so wont have any wires for the fuel pump.

thanks alot?

greg1.4
15-12-07, 09:46 PM
what pump will i need? fast road ??Pressure (Psi): 4.0 - 4.5 Rate (Gals/hr):18

or a competition Pressure (Psi): 5.0 - 6.5

Rate (Gals/hr): 25

the car wil be used on forest stages, twin 40's, highlift cam etc..

if i needed to, could i put in a fuel regualtor?

and if i was to use one of those FACET fuel pumps ca i just use standard fuel hose?

Greg

Ryan5cyl
15-12-07, 09:58 PM
You should use a swirl pot too to prevent fuel surge if your throwing the car around, especially on rough surfaces

mowgli
16-12-07, 11:43 AM
the cheapest way to do this would be to get a gte tank, it has a swirl pot built in, & a feed & return. then get an electric 'red top' pump & fit it somewhere safe. use metal covered braided hose for all flexible bits & copper 8 mm pipe routed thru the interior. with pop riveted pipe clips. you should make sure there is an electric cut off & ideally a fuel tap. the fuel pump can easily be wired into the ignition live feed.

Adam
16-12-07, 02:33 PM
Cheapest option is just keep with the standard mechanical pump.
Swirl pot aint really needed with carbs, as the carbs keep a "reserve" in the float bowls.

greg1.4
16-12-07, 05:12 PM
whats better, mechanical pump or a electric??

Adam
16-12-07, 06:08 PM
Define better

Paul
16-12-07, 07:17 PM
Electrical can flow more, but mechanical are less likely to cut out, or flow less wiht voltage drop etc...

mowgli
16-12-07, 08:01 PM
mechanical pumps can fail, either get a new one, or fit an electric. proper rally cars quite often have 2 pumps so when one fails, the other one can be used