PDA

View Full Version : wiring on a 1.2 spi

gammienov16v
15-12-07, 07:34 PM
this might sound daft lads but ive never had a 1.2 spi ive only had carbs in the passed. so here go's, ive took my 1.2 spi out me nov and im replacing it with a gsi engine while i rebuild my 2l 16v to put in, BUT how do i get rid of the un wanted spi loom. how far imto the car loom dose it go because i don't wont to leave it withe the gsi loo and the spi loom, if this make's any sence to anyone:thumb:

im greatfull for all help thanks.

Paul
15-12-07, 07:47 PM
Literlly just chop the unwanted wires out where they go back into the main loom, by the wiper motor.

peester
15-12-07, 07:52 PM
erm, i think the chap knows he will have to 'literally just chop the unwanted wires' but wants to know which ones they are...
Just before u go chopping away chap.. there wil be loads of posts on here somewhere about this; search for any 'spi to mpi' conversions on here and yahoo (rather than '1.2 to 1.6') and see what ya get. Even if its someone going from spi to XE - its a similar setup that should help.

Paul
15-12-07, 07:53 PM
Ah right, then youll need the GSI engine loom, then its just a case of keeping:

Starter -black and Red
Oil Pressure - Blue and Yellow
Remote for Alt - Blue and white.

Paul

gammienov16v
15-12-07, 08:04 PM
thanks lads, so all i need is the same wires left as wot i would need for a 2l engine.

i understand they are the same as a 2l to wirein to the car. black coil live, green rev's, red power to batt, blue red feul pump. then alt and starter ect. witch is in the car loom itself

could you let me no if this is right please lads. thanks

i have all the gsi loom.

it ok lads ive fitted a few 2l now in the passed but, because the spi has the extra wires it thow me abit.

gammienov16v
15-12-07, 08:12 PM
Ah right, then youll need the GSI engine loom, then its just a case of keeping:

Starter -black and Red
Oil Pressure - Blue and Yellow
Remote for Alt - Blue and white.

Paulby this paul do you mean keep those wires as above, witch are built into the car:confused:

Paul
16-12-07, 01:25 PM
yeh, then join them colour to colour on the gsi engine

Adam
16-12-07, 02:23 PM
If i were you, i wouldn't start hacking away at the spi engine loom.
Just tape it up and secure it out the way.

Then just wire the gsi engine loom into the car as you would do with any other conversion.

Paul
16-12-07, 05:14 PM
meh i hacked away at an spi loom, all good :)