PDA

View Full Version : INSURANCE COMPANIES KNOW FOOK ALL!

match
08-07-02, 09:39 AM
FOOKIN IDIOTS!!

more proof that they dont actually know anything about cars at all -

rang up CIS (my insurance company) and asked for a price to put a 1600 motor from a cav into the old SR. gave em all the details etc and after going to the underwriters they came back with a price of ?1246 tpft per year on ma own pocily.

only been driving a year and a half and got no no claims bonus, a write off and three points so i thought this was an absolute bargain! seen as im already paying ?1094 on the 1300 sr.
so seen as i blown 2 1300 motors i decided 2 rebuild the 1600 in got given and slap that in, rebuild the bast**d from scratch and bought a gte gearbox for it.

when i rang em back up to sort out the insurance the stupid bint on the end of the line told me THAT ENGINE IS 2 BIG TO PUT IN A NOVA AND IT WONT EVEN FIT UNDER THE BONNET. She the slammed the phone down on me!!! bitch!

after ringin the underwriters myself a then got a quote for ?2450 tpft :twisted: cos it would then become a nova gte (grp 11) effectively. CANT FOOKIN AFFORD THAT u know wot i mean! explained about the price and everything else they told me and that i had only done the conversion cos i could afford to insurance at the price they told me b4 i did the work

ne way to cut this already long story abit shorter!!!!

they rang me back and told me that cos the made the original fook up wi the quote they would in sure my 1600 as a group 7 like they originally quoted for a price of ?1246

FOOKIN RESULT!!! :D :D

does ne one else have these bloody problems with their insurance companies wheneva they do nething 2 their cars!!

and it proves that insurance companies are a bunch of robbing bast**d toss pieces!!

ade
08-07-02, 11:26 AM
best one I was told was if you convert a 1.2 into a gsi lookalike (but keeping the 1.2 engine), delock, lower 60mm and add 15" alloys, it costs more to insure than an actual gsi with 15's!

Wheres the logic in that!

:roll:

Ste_Nova
08-07-02, 11:53 AM
my nova i had when i was 18 was a gsi looker.... but it had

diamond wheels
flair spoiler
snap rear bumper
vauxhall stone chip protection :wink:

so the only bit that was gsi was the front bumper lol

Will
08-07-02, 01:25 PM
very clever ste, i like the thinking behind that one considering all the parts are the same as a gsi but from special edition models, also lol at stone chip protection, thats wot side skirts are listed as on the vaux compter am i right?! :D

Ste_Nova
08-07-02, 03:27 PM
yup thats correct.... no point trying to impress the ins co..

SpArKySR
08-07-02, 05:47 PM
i might be wrong, but aint the cav 1.6 engine different to the gte engine? its slower too aint it? and really heavy, big block or somethin...

dont get me on details cos i aint sure, but i know puttin one of them in and not a gte engine would cost less to insure, cos basically itll be slow as shite.

???

Ste_Nova
09-07-02, 08:58 AM
cav mk3 1.6i is small block

match
09-07-02, 04:37 PM
cheers ste. yes it is a short block it will drop straight in on existing mounts. also as its a 1600 u can do as i have done and put the nova gte pistons in 2, it has the same mass as a gte block, cos it is the same it will be identical to the gte in every way

except u get cheap insurance cos the engine no comes up as a cav and not a nova gte!!! result

also put a high lift piper cam in it 2 so it will run better than a standatd gte and once the engine has been run in for 1000 miles or so...... out come the twin 40's!!

match
09-07-02, 04:48 PM
and i bought a nova gte gearbox 4 it too.

sorry sparky mate. ur WRONG!!

it will go faster than a nova gte cos of the mods.

and at 18 with 3 points and a write off paying ?1249 tpft or summat like that (wot eva i said in ma 1st post cos of ma insurance companies fook up) i really aren't gonna argue cos its cheaper than ne other 18 year old is gonna eva get insured on a gte!! and it will be quicker than a gte too.

STE- how do i get a pic of me car up under my name? will u feature the thing in members cars once i finished building it, not too far off now mate, a bit more welding and just gotta drop the bitch in now.

cheers

match

SpArKySR
09-07-02, 08:18 PM
"it will go faster than a nova gte cos of the mods. "

well, u didnt mention any mods so how am i supposed to know.

but honestly, i was 90% sure that the cav mk3 1.6i was not the same engine as the Nova GSi/GTE engine. Dont produce the same power, either 90 somethin, or 70 somethin if i remember.

also, theres no need to be rude, i did say i wasnt sure. It may not be a big block (as Ste usually knows what hes chattin) but i dont think itll be as fast as a GTE.

If it is, then proove me wrong and ill happily accept that i am (i usually am :D)

Fester
09-07-02, 08:48 PM
Im with CIS, one day i'd phone up saying im gonna do this, the next i'd phone up to confirm the price and get something widly different

the key is the note down the time and the person you spoke to, and get them specifically to send it out in writing