PDA

View Full Version : adjustable brake bias valve

NOVANICK
14-12-07, 12:42 PM
i've got a bias valve to fit as now i'm using the nova on track i find the rears lock up.

my question is, how do i block up one of the two rear servo outlets?

I obviously will just run one braided line to the rears via the adjustable bias valve but my std servo has two outlets.

Any help appreciated

thanks

_JH_
14-12-07, 01:35 PM
If you simply block one up it will effect one of your front brakes dramatically.

Ideally you need to remove the diaganol split, but there are lots of ways to do it, it's your choice.

Simplest would be a t-piece near the master cylinder joining the two rear lines into one, then run that back to the bias valve.

HTH :)

Stuart
14-12-07, 03:04 PM
its worth noting that the bias valve "MIGHT" not solve the problem....

the tilton (and other) valves only kick in at Xpsi and the adjustment changes the rate of limiting after Xpsi..... now if your brakes lock up below X psi then it wont help at all. Unfortunately its very very difficult to work out what the pressure will be to lock them.

Lee
14-12-07, 03:08 PM
If you simply block one up it will effect one of your front brakes dramatically.

HTH :)

Not true pal, i run a single rear line, as does Dar, CP and Dan, none of us have any issues.

Stuart
14-12-07, 04:01 PM
lee, cp doesnt count as hes got a twin MC pedal box ;)

NOVANICK
14-12-07, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Lee - As you run a single line already - how did you get around the problem?

craig green
14-12-07, 05:13 PM
You can put a ball bearing in the M/C port & and screw in a bolt or brake line fitting over the top.

For the rear port on the M/C you are using. Put a std proportioning valve on & then run the line to the bias valve. This should eliminate Stuarts POV (point of view)

Lee
14-12-07, 05:34 PM
lee, cp doesnt count as hes got a twin MC pedal box ;)

Good point, i forgot about that lol

Stuart
14-12-07, 07:43 PM
For the rear port on the M/C you are using. Put a std proportioning valve on & then run the line to the bias valve. This should eliminate Stuarts POV (point of view)

surely that would compound the problem more.... ie if the brakes lock at Xpsi but the inline bias valve dosent go off till 2*Xpsi, and you fit a pressure reducer but that still dosent bring it down enough...

Its a big case of trial and error (or just put drums back on lol)

_JH_
15-12-07, 08:36 PM
Not true pal, i run a single rear line, as does Dar, CP and Dan, none of us have any issues.

So you simply blocked up one of the rear lines and have the front (or rear) of the M/C supplying one front corner, and the rear (or front) supplying the other front corner and the rears? :wtf:

mowgli
16-12-07, 11:50 AM
before chopping your brake lines, get in touch with the bias valve manufacturer's technical people. they should be able to tell you exactly how to do it.

_JH_
18-12-07, 11:40 PM
Lee? Surely you mis-read what I said? :roll: