PDA

View Full Version : nova 1.2i-1.4 problems

southard
13-12-07, 10:15 PM
was wondering if anyone can help i have a 1.2i nova and have just put a 1.4sr engine in there but my nova also has a imobiliser standerd that came with the car one ware you like put a bit of plastic in and it has little metal connecters on since i have put the 1.4sr engine my car wont start i have bypassed the imobiliser on the coil cos i can see it spark when i turn the key but my starter motor wont kick in and cant find the wire to the imobiliser and when i bypass it my starter moter will spin cos i can here it but wont ingage with the fly wheel could this be i need a new starter moter it also does spin as soon as the battery is connected it starts to spin i dont even need to turn the key or even have the key what could be the problem of this? really need help is the any diagrams i could get for this or any to get rid of the imobiliser

paddy138
13-12-07, 10:30 PM
go to the mechanical section, not the projects,

Ryan5cyl
13-12-07, 10:47 PM
Didi you swap fuel tank and pump over for a carb one? If it sounds like the starter is working but its not starting, it could be a fuel problem:confused: