PDA

View Full Version : 1400 ECOTEC WONT START

Pete@DDMS
07-07-02, 02:32 PM
Just finished ecotec conversion into a nova and cant get it to run. Have bypassed the immobiliser and have the fuel pump running and injectors are pulsing. The engine will start for about 2 seconds then cuts out. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be.
Cheers

Dicko
07-07-02, 04:13 PM
if u remove a plug can u smell petrol in the bores? do u have compression, if u take a plug out and leave it connected and tunr engine over does it continually spark?
are you try to start it at idle or with say 1/2 throttle, cuz they dont like starting unless u give them some throttle after they aint run 4 a bit.

Pete@DDMS
07-07-02, 06:00 PM
GOT SPARK, GOT FUEL GIVE IT PLENTY OFF THROTTLE. IT ACTUALLY DOES START TO FIRE THEN CUTS OUT AFTER ABOUT 2 SECONDS

Will
07-07-02, 07:17 PM
WHEN I ASK FOR HELP I DONT OFTEN SHOUT AT PEOPLE TO GET IT :!: :o

Dicko
07-07-02, 10:02 PM
sounds weird, and uv tried this a number of times then? like keep blipping the starter everytime it cuts out? sounds like its almost there

Ben (lurk75)
07-07-02, 10:37 PM
Thats what happened to mine, and mine was still the immobiliser. I have had to have the memory card in the ecu replaced as it realy wont run with the immobilised memory card!
have got a name of a company who are dealing with mine if you wanna try em!

carltoncrazy
07-07-02, 11:55 PM
its to do with the ECU,
if its F*** theres ways of getting them to run but b prepared to stop at every feul station,it drinks.
i aint being nowt nasty to you guys,but does no1 no the KISS Rule,keep it simple stupid?
lets face it,its a nova,the only reson we buy em is coz we cant afford a a decent size engine car.
so if ya going to change the engine why dont you keep the donar engine from the same mark of car,
i.e instead off sticking in a l8r GSI enigne.why not stick a GTE in?.at the end of the day,computers in cars are bad news,
really if ya can dodge it dont use a ECU.
you can make a nova go quick by playing around with body and gear box.
stick kevlar wings on and body panels, ya got a light light car.
change ratios and yes u might lose accelation but ya gain the speed.it depens tho how u do it.