PDA

View Full Version : police pulling again

NOVA_LEE
13-12-07, 03:02 PM
anyone ever been pulled for havin no tax,insurance and mot? when they actually have it, 4times i have been pulled for this an twice ive proven my documents at local police station. waste of time skem police station i tell thee lol

L33 LEG
13-12-07, 03:18 PM
reminds me of the time when i used dayinsurance on my corsa. got it insured at 1pm and took it out at half 1. a cop went past me a minute later and looked at me, thought nothing of it. went 5 miles down the road to a petty station to fill up, came out of it and 3 cop cars were driving on the other side of the bypass with their lights on. all looked at me and it started to look a bit suspicous now. i turned off down a main road and another copper was coming opposite way. started waving at me telling me to stop, he then handbraked it and got on my ass so i pulled over.

'you got insurance?'
'ye course i have, why?'

he told me to get out of the car as the cop i saw to begin with had pulled over. so the other went and this guy started asking if i was insured. i said i had just got it done on dayinsurance which is part of norwich union and i didnt have any proof of it on me. he then spent 10mins trying to ring through to find out if i was or not. i was sat in the back of his 4x4 at this point. the compnay finally rang him back and said i am insured but it was to start at 2pm. it was after then but he first saw me at 1.30. so obviously he said he was going to impound my car and il be getting 6 points and with already having 9, il be getting banned. i said he had made a mistake and it was 1pm, and why would i insure it for 2 and come out early. he just wouldnt listen to me and rung up the recovery firm to pick my car up and rang through to the cop shop to tell them to watch out for me in future if they see me or something along those lines.

after about another 20 minutes of me going off my head telling him to double check and ring them again or even take me to my house so i can print off the cover note he still wouldnt listen and started telling me how stupid i am for driving with no insurance. the recovery truck would only had been a minute away and then he got a call from the insurers. all i could hear was his half of the converstion, basically saying that thanks for that, il let the driver know and apologise to him. he put the phone down and told me that it was 1pm afterall. i said he was taking the piss and told him i wanted to go now as i was already like 40mins late. he then kept me behind for another 5-10mins whilst he filled in some forms and instead of apologising to me, he had a go at me cos of my language.

sorry for the essay, just really wound me up that all he had to do was spend a few minutes ringing up to double check but no, he didnt believe a word i said. wantedto impound my car and told me afterwards i can take it up with my insurers and id still have to pay the compound charge and go through the courts to get the points/ban off my license!

Jack
13-12-07, 03:54 PM
In that case, you should have taken the officers number and made a written complaint. Although if you were mouthy at him, thats probably a bad idea lol

petty station
WTF is a petty station lol Was the racer there or something? lmfao

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/RAC/RPRR01~Richard-Petty-Portrait-With-Cowboy-Hat-And-Sunglasses-Posters.jpg

L33 LEG
13-12-07, 04:00 PM
years ago i complained about a copper using his badge number, is something i definetly dont want to do again. the only thing iv learnt is that dayinsurance is crap lol.

novacrazy2006
14-12-07, 01:49 PM
lol

NOVA_LEE
14-12-07, 02:06 PM
lol love the essay, pain in the **** cops nout better to do

raymond
14-12-07, 02:29 PM
id be quite sure to expect more at this time of year

Lee
14-12-07, 03:06 PM
What you have to remember is that the police have to deal with numerous scum who will say anything to get out of being booked or having their car towed. Due to this, law abiding citezens are treated the same in a similar situation.

It sucks, but id rather it was that way around than a policeman saying to an uninsured pikey 'oh, it was 1pm was it, ok on your way son'.

Moral of the story? You should have printed your covernote out lol

L33 LEG
14-12-07, 03:33 PM
youre exactly right. i dont mind being pulled over randomly so they can check if everything is legit, otherwise theives and uninsured drivers would never be stopped. however, i didnt like the fact that all he had to do was double check with a simple phonecall...

Lee
14-12-07, 03:41 PM
youre exactly right. i dont mind being pulled over randomly so they can check if everything is legit, otherwise theives and uninsured drivers would never be stopped. however, i didnt like the fact that all he had to do was double check with a simple phonecall...

Be fair though, your insurance company first told him it was 2pm, and then you started arguing the toss with him. He'd probably heard it all before. Its your insurance company who were the morons in this case lol

mowgli
14-12-07, 07:07 PM
I find that ringing the police control room & demanding to speak to the person's superior has a quite good effect. what might work is to print off a letter that reads something like:-

I hereby state that this car is legal

signed_____________________ No.___________

then get the cop to sign it & keep it in your glovebox

BenNova
15-12-07, 08:40 PM
haha if only. does anyone else(who drives a nova) find they are stopped regually just because its "a nova." I had an officer say to me once that i'd may as well be driving around with pink neons and a sign saying pull me, than drive a nova! Or Also does anyone find that often when driving perfectly normally you are speeding, and that braking before a speed camera also means you were speeding ? coz of course it couldn't be a habit just to tap the brake when you are comign to a known camera ? i wish police would spend more time with murders, rapes, terrorism, etc. and the government start using speed camera cash to re-surface the roads... as they have no consideration for drivers with hard and/or lowered suspension! (not sure what the road surface issue has to do with anything but had to get it out anyway. :wall:

draper
16-12-07, 10:09 AM
if your cars taxed, tested and insured youve nothing to worry about, just enjoy the company of a various coppers and the fact you look bad ass to all the women who see you in the back of a police car

dhdev (Oli)
16-12-07, 10:36 AM
and the fact you look bad ass to all the women who see you in the back of a police car

lol Made me chuckle :thumb:

mowgli
16-12-07, 10:37 AM
If the truth be known, most people with modded cars will have invalid insurance......

1. how many of you have stuck different wheels on & not told them???
2. did you mention the springs?
3. how about the bodykit?
4. then there are the seats, & replacement steering wheel?
5. And as for engine mods including cosmetic ones?
6. Roll cage, even competition numbers(which should be coverd up or removed)

the list could go on.

police are trained to go after the people most likely to be breaking the law, its not just novas that they target. Unpopular chief constables leaving masonic dinners, politicians (especially ones who go back on pay deals) & celebrities get pulled over quite often. They even banned Damon Hill for speeding & he nearly didn't get to race the year he won his championship, but the judge only gave him a 7 day ban. not bad for 120mph in a laguna

MK1-GTE
16-12-07, 10:48 AM
had a discussion recently about insurance and declaring all mods ..

couple of freinds have said they declared all items they had fitted and as they where all genuine vx parts the insurers said not a modified part no increase??

personally ive always updated my insurance when a part has been fitted as im over 30 now doesnt ever seem to affect the overall cost ..

can recall a long time ago when we had a gsi nova things where so different ..

dhdev (Oli)
16-12-07, 10:49 AM
I got pulled the other night. Was driving around looking for a house for my second yr at uni, so was just driving slow and being nosey. Saw a car behind so pulled over so that I wasn't holding it up, it was the old bill and they went passed really slow and checked us out. As soon as they'd passed I pulled back out, 100m down the road they pulled over so I passed them and thought sod it, they're obviously gonna pull me, so I just pulled up another 100m down the road and let them do there thing.
Copper - Can u step out the car please.
Me - No worries
Copper -What are you doing
Me - Driving round looking for houses
Copper - Which houses
Me - Any houses
Copper - Why, its eleven o'clock at night?
Me - I need a house for my 2nd yr at uni.
Copper - (getting really suspicious) We've had a lot of distraction burglaries round here, I'm gonna need to see some ID. (Looks down as I pull out my ID) Actually don't worry about it I think the hoody says it all goodnight.

Southampton uni hoodies, the hoody of choice if you want to be immune from police haha. Bet he walked bk to his car muttering ''fcukin students'' lol

I got pulled the first time I took my GF out in my nova, I'm used to it and knew they were gonna do it, even though I was doing 70mph on a dual carraigeway with cars overtaking me :roll:

draper
16-12-07, 11:20 AM
when a copper asked me for ID once i looked in his rear view mirror "yep, its definatly me ocifer"

Jim Mcrae
16-12-07, 01:04 PM
The last time i got pulled over was a good one. Was driving along with my mate in the car, just went round a roundabout there was a marked up T5 going the other direction, thought nothing of it, then looked in my mirror and the t5 is carching up like fook, having just done 180 degrees on the roundabout, i turned off, which probably made me look a wee bit suspisoius, they followed me down this road wjhich is on a steep hill, and right out side my old comprehensive on come the lights, so i pull over get out, only to realise the hand brake is off. My Nova is rolling away, the poor girl strapped in the passenger seat must have got a fright lol Im running after my car open the door leap in lying face down on the seat, yank up the hand brake and get out again. The look on the coppers face was good lol Not as good as mine i imagine though felt like a real prat. He said " You want to be leaving it in gear ect, ect!" "Now the reason we pulled you over was your rear numberplate...." Which fair enough the font is a bit weird, but he was gonna pull me anyway because he did a 180 and roared up behind me. He tried to give me a ?30 fine, I explaind i hadn't had the car long and havent received the log book so had not had a chance to change them. So he gave me the bennifit of the doubt and let me off:D They were also intriged to why it was stripped out to so had a chat with them to.

Just goes to show there is some alright police out there, even if did look like a muppet they were still cool.

simon179
16-12-07, 01:59 PM
yeh its bad at moment! we got pulled in liverpool city centre! apparently we wre street racing and the 3.2 v6 police car couldnt keep up with us even tho it was sat next to us at the lights before it pulled us haha!