PDA

View Full Version : nitrous questions?

ReeceH
12-12-07, 10:33 PM
right,
basically am gonna be using nitrous on my xe, was just wondering how cheap you can pick up a kit for?
and anyhitng in paticular i should be buying

and my mate seems to think it wouldnt be hard to make your own?
anyone tried this?

brucer
12-12-07, 10:51 PM
think im going to get it to. im going to get a wet kit. bout 350 for the kit but then you need a bottle which is 115 i think. look on nitroussupplies.co.uk or sumtin like that. it isnt too hard to fit either.

Stuart
13-12-07, 08:37 AM
Wizzards of Nos kits are highly regarded and not "cheap" but dont tend to lose value.

vauxsport has a good source of info (and will aim you at the WON forum too)

Adam
13-12-07, 12:01 PM
Aye, use a WON kit.
Apparently the best Solenoids etc etc.

craig green
13-12-07, 01:23 PM
Progressive controller is a must IMO.

Paul
13-12-07, 04:23 PM
As above, its not the amount of nitrous that kills an engine (to a reasonable extent), its the way it comes into an engine.

The temperature in the combustion chamber is roughly 700deg celcius, which is at what temperature nitrogen will release its chemical bond to oxygen.

Its the oxygen that the engine wants, the nitrogen just cools the charge temperature down, hence why its N20 that is used. If you add loads of nitrous oxide to an engine it will literally release all its pressure (over1000psi) on the piston, pushing it down with great force then engine will then detonate. If its done gradually but to the same power input say 50hp jets, it is a lot safer to use as the pressure will not be as great at once.

Sounds a bit geeky but that its why a progressive controller is required lol.

Mazz
13-12-07, 09:03 PM
Controller are very expensive new though, well the maximiser definately is! Keep an eye out on eGay or VauxSport..

Stuart
13-12-07, 10:48 PM
worth noting that the controller will hold its value very very well though. so while its a fair cost now, you will get most of it back in future

Mazz
16-12-07, 10:39 AM
Agreed, might be worth buying a complete 2nd hand wizzard's kit and controller, I paid ?500 for my Streetblaster kit with a Maximiser...iirc the maximiser new is almost that!