PDA

View Full Version : advice needed for brake calipers

imnobby
09-12-07, 11:22 PM
hi i was just wondering if anyone knows if skyline calipers off a r33gts or a r33gtr (dont no which one they came off) will fit inside speedline Alesio 2 alloys and what will i need to do to fit these on a nova mk2 that already has 2.0l brakes, also if not do you know what the biggest brakes you can fit inside speedline Alesio 2.

thanks if anyone can help me as i aint really got a clue about jap cars lol cheers anyway

Stuart
10-12-07, 10:24 AM
you would need brakets made to mount the calipers to the hubs.

Thy "might" be radial mount meaning you can get a lub-> radia adaptor made fairly cheap/easily.

the calipers would probably fit in easily BUT they would need some 288mm discs from the likes of a V6 etc.

do you ACTUALLY need that kind of braking?

imnobby
10-12-07, 11:27 PM
to be honest i probably dont need that kind of braking power, but as i got hold of them 4 nothing in good condition i fort i mite aswel use them because otherwise i woud have to buy some omega v6 calipers thanks 4 your help anyway!

Welsh Dan
10-12-07, 11:33 PM
For the expense involved in fitting those, you could probably sell them, buy the omega setup and still pocket some cash.

Stuart
11-12-07, 09:17 AM
and also go on an ENGLISH course!
dont text type.

agreed with Xeno, sell them for decent cash and then get some 2.0 16v calipers, discs and some mintex 1144 pads... then spend the rest on sluts.

tom_beverley
11-12-07, 04:31 PM
... then spend the rest on sluts.

Amen.

imnobby
12-12-07, 11:13 PM
and also go on an ENGLISH course!
dont text type.

agreed with Xeno, sell them for decent cash and then get some 2.0 16v calipers, discs and some mintex 1144 pads... then spend the rest on sluts.

cheers for the advice mate on my english if. bit of advice for you if you read what i put the car already has some 2.0l 16v calipers on it, maybe you need to join me learning english again!