PDA

View Full Version : Strengthening Kit

neiloakley
05-07-02, 09:42 AM
Spoke to HHMS and Novatech and they both want ?100 to deliver me a kit. How much is it gunna cost me to get my engine bay seam welded or anyone know anywhere that does a cheaper kit?

Better still, has anyone got a set of templates they could let me have then i can just make my own u see?

Ta

Neil Oakley

Sid
05-07-02, 09:46 AM
I got mine from Harry Hockley Motorsport, it cost me that much...
and I WOUNLDN'T recommend u the garage I used ..no way ...!!

neiloakley
05-07-02, 10:15 AM
how much does seam welding cost roughly?

Sid
05-07-02, 12:06 PM
it can range from ?100 up to ?400... depends where u go.
I think the norm is around ?200. (sure u'll have other rust bits to sort out in the bay too!)

there was a character on here months ago that said he could get it done for ?60 ..but dunno what happened to him.

neiloakley
05-07-02, 12:11 PM
anyone know where to get a cheap strengthening kit from? or anyone got a template for one?

Ta

Ian
05-07-02, 01:57 PM
novatech copied hhms alledgedly and seeing as harry designed the grp a prep book id go with his ones, why skimp on the strengthening? do it properly first time save having to do again.

Ste_Nova
05-07-02, 02:40 PM
go with the hh one it comes pre bent and includes the plates missing from other kits

p.s. the kit is for rally cars and does almost fuck all for road car... and is not a part needed for big block conversions

Ste_Nova
05-07-02, 02:40 PM
go with the hh one it comes pre bent and includes the plates missing from other kits

p.s. the kit is for rally cars and does almost fuck all for road car... and is not a part needed for big block conversions

neiloakley
05-07-02, 02:45 PM
what should i do then?

Toby
07-07-02, 06:09 PM
So ste, what you saying is that using a hh strengthening kit along with seam welding the engine bay will not improve the overall life of the chassis in 'big-block' converted cars, or am I reading that wrong?

Ste_Nova
07-07-02, 06:21 PM
stich welding helps..... the plates don't..... they are only there to toughen up the suspension pickup points