PDA

View Full Version : help me do my nova 1.2i up coz i dont no what 2 do 2 it!!!!

mols1.2i
04-07-02, 09:29 PM
alright ppl i got my self a wee nova 1.2i but i need 2 do it up big time!!. im 18 and its my 1st car so i really wanna get ma self a body kit for it , set of alloys and get the inside of her done aswell if any one has any ideas of what kind of body 2 give her let me know and any other ideas u might have aswell cheers !!! .

james.

locky
04-07-02, 09:52 PM
Stick with this site kid, we'l help do up ur nova!!!
Ne questions you got, don't b afraid 2 ask!!
Av a look in the for sale section for some gear to get u started!

Nova1.6
05-07-02, 09:31 AM
I'm in the same situation as locky, i got meself a 1.2i, but im afraid i cant do anything coz of insurnce, picked the wrong bl00dy company didnt i! Should of gone with a mod friendly one to start to with! Gotta wait a year till april(or pay the difference to end the current insurance).
Locky, where u from.
Any ideas anyone has for his car, let me know, could be useful for me!
What insurance company r you with locky?
Neil

novatec
05-07-02, 10:48 AM
Get GSi front and rear bumpers and side skirts. There's always loads about for sale and keep an eye out on your local scrappie. As for alloys, it just depends on how much you want to spend and what size you want.

If you've just bought the car, get it serviced and it's also an idea to get it belled up before you start modding it!
There's a site just for vauxhall parts and they're always breaking novas. When i remember what name it is, i'll let you know. Another thing to get hold of is a Laguna front splitter as it will make your car look lower. Especially when you have it lowered.

Ric 16v
05-07-02, 09:32 PM
right then u'v got a good little car same as mine a 1.2i sx !!! he he he, seen as im only 17 Iv only modded the bodywork for now !!! heres a few thing that Iv done since I got it 7 months ago, full 1.4 sr exhaust system including manifold, GSi front bumper, front and rear bumpers colour coded, sportex backbox 3.5" tail, GSi sideskirts, mesh grill, lowerd 60mm on g-max shocks and springs, astra GTE 16v digi dash, full mk2 sr interior (blue), blue neons on both sides underneath the car and the all important thing a clifford concept 300 to keep it safe !!! and as most people will recommend a set of 16" speedline allesio 2's !!!!!! is your car a mk 1 or mk2 ??? hope this list gives u an idea of what to do to ur car, cost me in the region of ?2000 ish, happy modding

dangermousegsi
06-07-02, 07:21 PM
the only limit is ur imagination! ul find u can fit plenty of other bits an bobs from other cars to a nova, ibiza splitters r a good place to start if u havnt lowered it,mesh the front grill,gettin ur indicators changed to clear lenses makes a big visual improvement to the front an the back,pop down the scrappy 4 sum astra gsi wheels or sum ibiza alloys(they fit dont know how but ive seen it done) jus little things like spendin a day restoring any faded colour makes a big difference, gsi interior? corsa stalks? rear headrests? white dials/digi dash? its up 2 u what u do ive got a gsi nova with a 205 dimma rear spolier an rs2000 side skirts anything goes.

good luck have fun an let us know how ur gettin on

ade
07-07-02, 10:12 PM
I have a 1.2 mk2. My advice is start small and add a bit at a time over several months - If u rush you WILL fcuk it up!
This will make it easier on the insurance too (check with them what u can and cant do - your age will be against you with most companies! :( )
Start with a set of alloys (I will be selling a set of vauxhall original SRi 3 spokes 14" soon) to start with then lower it 60mm on springs AND shocks (that'll set the look and give you better handling - do both and dont just get springs cos the ride is shite!).
If it needs derusting (arches etc) save for a respray - that way any mod u do body wise you wont have to remove later to sort out the rust.
Then either get yer existing bumpers colour coded (at the same time as the respray) with the body and bolt on a laguna/seat splitter to them or get sri bumpers, colour code them and add one of the above splitters. This will add extra style. Get yerself a set of side skirts (fiddly to fit but finish the edges off nicely) to finish the body off.
Engine mods will hike up yer insurance so steer clear unless u can afford it. Change filter to K&N for a little increase in power and a nice sound. Get a decent back box for improved exhaust sound and performance. Get a decent set of spark plugs and HT leads for overall effecieny.
Interior - depends on current one - if youre lucky (like I was) you could get a full GSi one for less that ?100 (inc seats etc...). U could retrim it or pay for it to be retrimmed.
If u get ICE get a security system fitted before hand.
Alloys - decent set second hand ?100-?300
Bumpers/Splitters - ?20 - ?200 depending on where u look
Respray - ?100 to ?2000 depending on state work, prep etc
Interior - ?100 + depending on what u get
ICE - ?200 + depending etc...etc...etc...

Its not a cheap game but if done over time and properly well worth it.

Ade
(apologies for length - its been a long weekend!)

dave.gsi
08-07-02, 12:15 AM
ade.........apologising for your length?

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

under endowed are we!!!

ade
08-07-02, 12:23 AM
lol @ Dave!

Nice one!

ali
28-09-02, 02:17 PM
auright mate
Im in the same position as urself, i know how insurance companies are. So just to make me nova look good, without havin to pay out any extra to insurance, ive added viper stripes to it. It looks mint :o , if u can do them straight. Ill try and add a pic some time. Let me know if theres amything that i could do to mine, which wont cost me much.
Cheers
Ali

Ben (lurk75)
28-09-02, 05:43 PM
lol @ ade being bored again!

JUst as everyone else has said before i got here, just go with what you like, everyones different i DONT like Novas with the Japanese influenced kits and prefer the rally style cars or the wide arched ones can look sweet but thats my opinion.
Have a look through the gallery at all the different cars and choose what type suits your budget and tastes.
With alloys try to steer away from going with other car manufacturers as they wont fit properly due to the offset, cars like Renault, Rover and some others will fit but will ruin your handling and chew up tyres, you can get a cheap enough set of aftermarket wheels and tyres anyway.

Try not to copy anyones ideas completely as this will upset some people and you wont get any credit for it.

I am sure Cool Marty will have some wild suggestions for you to try....

Choose wether yopu want speed or style, you can have both but be prepared to work damn hard!

v1nce
29-09-02, 10:25 AM
as 4 insurance give CIS a call. they do this really mint trick where u list ure mods and they say no increase sir. they dont charge 4 none performance mods. so my suspension, wheels, brakes, interior stuff all cost me no extra

Magnexboy
29-09-02, 08:26 PM
im jus gunna sound like the others but it is betterb to take your time over things as i was buying parts for my car 3 months b4 i got it. and when i was putting it all on it did lokk a bit tacky as i had overdone the front and left the back and sides, so it looked a bit pony! but if you get a gsi kit and colour code it, it will look smart and add some splitters or spoilers to it aswell and this gives your car a lower look at the front. but if you realy wanna make the car look smart get some alloys and lower it. as if you get alloys and dont lower it, you car will be looking like a 4x4 as it will be realy high up!!!

Aragorn
01-10-02, 06:48 PM
SRi 16v: you say u fitted a 1.4SR exhaust system including manifold - what did you do about the cat and lambda probe??

i could imagine it working without the cat - but the probe controls fuel mixture dont it?

did u need to rebore the manifold for the probe to fit in?

Nova-Flair
06-10-02, 10:10 PM
i agree with what ade said. i am in exactly the same position but im taking my time. i have watched some of my m8s rush things and there have been some right horror stories (one involing a GTE spoiler, a drill, a shitload of bodge and an expensive repair bill all cos he didnt want to wait to get it fitted). im thinkin of goin for a GSI replica with a rally theme. will do me nicely for my first car.