PDA

View Full Version : first modified novas

FUSION X16XE
07-12-07, 12:13 AM
As alot of you guys have been in the nova game for a good couple of years you may know, just wounding what are some of the first modded novas and what sort of style did they do back in the day? would be cool to know as they have been round 25 years :confused:

vaughanmc
07-12-07, 11:51 AM
I'm guessing it would be the likes of A 16V TB etc - Properly modded ones anyway

GRUNT 16V
07-12-07, 12:36 PM
Ive been in to novas for about 10 years and seen some sh1t hot ones and also some right dog sh1te ones too ,my fav and insperation is Nova cum with excitment!! it was a valver on carbs that was sprayed in Helios blue !!!!ooooooooooo

FUSION X16XE
07-12-07, 12:39 PM
also pics if anybodys got any? this is getting me inspired hahaha

edens-xe
07-12-07, 01:21 PM
i'd be interested to see how this thread turns out!!! mite give some good ideas for the future

L33 LEG
07-12-07, 01:25 PM
have a look at the thread of the top of the page. thatl show you the old skool novas and the styling back then.

SGA33
07-12-07, 03:37 PM
First fast nova i saw was about 16 years ago in autograss racing. 2.0 16v since then i have been hooked on them.

mowgli
09-12-07, 04:15 PM
remember they came out in 1982/3, car films involved corvettes & dodge chargers. the capri was still king... the whale tale cossie was 4 years away. people only really started playing with the styling when the mk1 facelift & gte came along in the late eighties.

Ernie
10-12-07, 09:20 AM
well here goes.
this was my first effort.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/Brownnovasr6.jpg
I fitted a B sting/single wiper/mrk2 bumpers(were the in thing at the time) rear head rest's lowered it 3 SPOKES and head lights from a manta i found in a scrap yard.
I was going to fit the hole front end from a mrk2 but they were still for sale brand new when i had my sr so would of cost a bomb to do.

ade
10-12-07, 10:28 PM
isnt the sticky at the top of this forum full of these cars - old skool restart or something...seems quite large - the thread that is

oo-er!

peester
10-12-07, 11:06 PM
was gonna say - how far you wanna look back???
Looong before the pretty A 16v TB's etc came along - it would have been 3 spokes n go faster stripes; im not joking - 20 odd years ago that was the done thing; tis all that was available.. There wasnt a mod-shop in every town etc etc like recent times...
twin choke carbs, peco backbox's, tinted rear lights, radio cassette players, bass tubes, rear boot spoilers.. wow..
Think you'd all be disapointed really, modifying; in my opinion has never been better as it is now.. soo much choice n styles, - since when did rusty sheddy 'ratty' cars look good? - yet i cant help liking virtually any 'style' of car modifying.. Bar the 80's n early 90's 3 spokes n peco backboxes lol..

peester
10-12-07, 11:10 PM
.. i think the ONLY well known nova, that wears that early early modifying days stuff, that still lives today - is the black GTE 'H1 GTE'.. it kinda looks a bit 'dated' now, old tsw blades, big bumper mounted spotlamps, etc..
doesnt have an anti-static stip does it?? lol

vaughanmc
11-12-07, 04:59 PM
H1 GTE is one of the best looking Nova's ever - Simply because theres no other one like it :)

A 16V TB and all the others are nice as well even though there different they don't stand out as much as H1 GTE

dhdev (Oli)
12-12-07, 02:09 PM
twin choke carbs, peco backbox's, tinted rear lights, radio cassette players, bass tubes, rear boot spoilers.. wow..

lol So true!
My first nova (Brown 1.2) had white GTE bumpers and tailgate, Tights over the rear lights, two eight inch bass tubes (later upgraded to 2 12" subs :cool: ) a Peco BB4 back box (that was to fit a BMW so stuck out a mile), lowered (springs only), K&N (of course), Sunstrip, headlight eyebrows (homemade from plastic bent using the heat from a toaster - don't try this at home kids lol ) and a gearknob made in Design and Technology.
And yes I used to cruise the high streets looking oh so cool :cool:

Martin
12-12-07, 02:28 PM
H1, is good because in somethin like the last 10years it hasnt changed, hasnt been updated with all this modern day tat that you see, the owner who ive meet a few times has done a fantasic job with it..