PDA

View Full Version : thieving bast_rds!

novaexplod
04-07-02, 03:55 PM
ive sin a couple of posts where people have said their parcel shelves wiv there 6 x 9s in have bin nicked and there subs in the have also, but wudnt it be safer just to fold sum kinda cloth or towel over ya parcel shelf wen its parked up, thats wot my mate does and hes never had his car broken into, and hes also got that stuff so that wen ur window gets smasdhed it stays in so it cant be broken into, lock ur cds in the glovebox and put an extra lock on and for ur subs just bolt em down as tight as u can and cover the fixings so they cant be seen or cut off

Dicko
05-07-02, 12:41 AM
i had a thing grey cloth i stapled onto my last parcel shelf, looked like part of the shelf and the speakers sat undrneath it, never had anybody breakin in 2 years, and i do park in some dodgy places. end of the day you should really buy a CAT1 alarm before you go spending masses of cash on ICE and other mods. you can get a decent CAT1 alarm for ?260 these days (TOAD AI606).
finish it off with some covering on your rear speakers and remove your door pins (if u have remore central locking). this seems to scare people off :)

dave.gsi
05-07-02, 01:06 AM
i used to have cushions over my 7x10's but don't bother anymore, me got alarm and immobiliser :lol: :lol: woooo woooo :lol:

yela_nova_rob
05-07-02, 09:15 AM
Yea y do we always buy the ice first, alarm delock and window tints so they dont even get alook, the only problem is people will argue that havin window tints will increase havin your car broke in coz they want to know what you got and what they can take

wisewood
05-07-02, 11:52 AM
I have some grey acoustic carpet the same width as the shelf and slightly longer/deeper so it tuks in down the front and the back - not even fastened on. It looks like a normal flat parcel shelf at a glance and makes no difference to the sound of the 6x9's underneath it.

?Marty?
06-07-02, 12:38 AM
Cat 1 alarm - i have one, but my car still got broken into in a Cinema car-park, with cctv and security (don't know where the fucker was, only came out to see what i was doing when the film finished and i went outside to see the alarm going off). Did the police catch them? Did they fuck!

The parcel shelf idea isn't too bad. Though take it further and get a thicker mdf shelf made up, mount the speakers from underneath (with holes cut for sound), put a flat plastic grille (perspex with holes will do) to stop the cloth that covers it from hanging into the recesses after some time.

However, it's the car itself that attracts the thieves. if you have a smart car that draws the eye, even if they can't see anything worth nicking inside, they may still 'have a look'. All you can do is TRY to deter them. I had some JBL 6by9's on show on my rear shelf in my standard Merit aaaaages ago, and no-one touched them. The car i have now stands out, and they broke in even though there was nothing on show.

Plus if you have a decent install don't turn it up loud near where you park for work and home and etc, as you can tell who has a decent, and therefore expensive, system just from how loud and the quality of the bass. If some dodgy individual hears it and recognises your car later, they might 'have a look' even if they can't see any ice on show.

Ben (lurk75)
06-07-02, 03:40 PM
You should all try living in bristol, you only need to stop in a drive thru and you get some sod trying to climb in the window!

I have delocked my car and removed the door pins but all this meant is they broke 3 windows to have a look through what i had! The bastards!

What i am doing now is building a minimal system with very good smaller speakers such as focal mids in the doors and a set of decent tweeters in the original pods, and have created a raised false floor with the amps underneath that is got metal over the top and locked shut. so basically all they can nick is the subs, and these are in a double box that is kinda awkward to run off down the road with!

This might seem a bit over the top but i have suffered a few times now... and dont want to again!

?Marty?
06-07-02, 04:58 PM
Wire the speakers up so that if the key is not in the ignition and someone touches them they get electrocuted to death. :o :evil: :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
06-07-02, 05:05 PM
oh forgot... DONT EVER PARK IN THE CORNERS OF CAR PARKS !!!!
i have three times = three break ins!

The most annoying point is the third time i had taken the parcel shelve out and left the glovebox open as had fcuk all in there worth stealing and they still done my windows! :evil:

Jim
07-07-02, 04:22 PM
It doesn't matter if you're really secure when it comes to I.C.E.

I parked my car up in the same place I always parked on a Saturday. I had a pioneer face off Stereo, with which I took the face off and put in my jacket pocket which I wore into work. Four hours later I finished work and arrive to find my passenger side quater window smashed, the back of my head unit missing and my glovebox open (they obvioulsy thought I put the front of the stero in there - as if I'm stupid enough!). Whilst they we're in my car they pulled back the rear seats and discovered my two 12" Subs and Amplifier which were screwed down to a false boot floor. They ripped the subs and amplifier from the floor and made off with my I.C.E. I had nothing on the parcel shelf and my car was a J reg standard 1.4SR, so it didn't even look modified. It had an alarm, but they didn't care and broke in anyway.

I was totally gutted cos It's a massive inconvience and very annoying. I think they must have heard me playing the music loud nd realised I had some decent I.C.E.

So word of warning, even if you do all that you can to stop it from looking like you have I.C.E. the truth is we buy I.C.E to play it loud, and if someone hears you have decent sounds and they want it, they will attempt to nick it.

Thieves are scum...PERIOD!

Ben (lurk75)
07-07-02, 10:29 PM
true the inconvience is the worst part!

novaexplod
07-07-02, 11:05 PM
nah they just probably gonna sell it at woteva they can get for the stuff, they dont giva fuck cos it aint theres they just want the money to buy drugs most of the time.0X

i think we shud all go james bond style and get no smashable windows with high security levels and flame throwers under the sills.