PDA

View Full Version : Poly bushes

Richie_k83
05-12-07, 11:05 AM
I am currently looking at upgrading the suspension on my Nova 1.2, but was wondering if it would be better to fit a set of poly bushes before or after i fit the shock and spring set, it will only be a 40mm drop but not sure when is best to fit the bushes

Iain
05-12-07, 11:11 AM
Why not fit them at the same time? It'll probably give you a little more room to access the lower arm bush while the suspension strut isn't in the way. And while you're under the car at the back the rear axle can be dropped down easily enough.

Richie_k83
05-12-07, 12:40 PM
hmm never thought of that :tard: good thinkin buddy, will just have to save all the bits till i have everything and make a weekend of it, or until i give in to temptation and slap them on the second they get delivered lol

Jack
05-12-07, 01:48 PM
Might as well do the bushes at the same time, two birds one stone and all that.

If you still have the OEM rubber ones they're probably long past their best. Rally design list polybushes quite cheap.

jarjar
06-12-07, 03:35 PM
personally id save the money bud or buy new genuine bushes, my old gte had billys all round and then i swapped all the bushes for polly and if im honest they were ****e:cry: it made the car really hard to drive so i went back to new genuine ones and it was great nice and tight but with enough give to let your back and the novas body shell survivelol it horses for courses tho bud some people might say bin the standard ones its up to you

Richie_k83
06-12-07, 06:17 PM
supose its a bit hit and miss as iv never driven a car thats had them fitted, il give em a go and if they are s***e then you can find them in the parts for sale section lol

alan b
06-12-07, 11:18 PM
i have rally deign ones, they do two diiferent stiffneses go for the softer ones, there still hard but not too hard!

Richie_k83
07-12-07, 01:18 PM
cool il have a look at the soft ones