PDA

View Full Version : mk1-mk2 dash

*Dave*
01-12-07, 04:45 PM
Hi i hate the mk1 dash and have a mk2 to go in how easy is it to change and have everything working how it should??

cheers.

michael squeak
01-12-07, 05:20 PM
Easy job. Wiring is all the same except for central blower/heated rw rotary control, headlamp switch and i think foglamp too. Look in Haynes and match the wires up.
as for the heater control rods, use the Mk2 items. Mk1 dials will fit with no problem, but you'll need to bend the top dial mount down on the dash and bung a screw in it to wedge the dials in.

DTR-DEVIL
03-12-07, 03:14 PM
Easy job. Wiring is all the same except for central blower/heated rw rotary control, headlamp switch and i think foglamp too. Look in Haynes and match the wires up.

Heater control rods, use the Mk2 items. Mk1 dials will fit with no problem, but you'll need to bend the top dial mount down on the dash and bung a screw in it to wedge the dials in.

lol sounds familiar!

Im attempting the conversion now! im lost already! cant even find the screws to take the facia off!

Jack
03-12-07, 03:39 PM
Which bit do you mean by "fascia"?

lmfao just read the rest of the thread lol lol lol

craig green
03-12-07, 04:40 PM
HAYNES usually refer to the whole dashboard as the fascia.

Theres 2 screws at either sides if you open the doors.

michael squeak
03-12-07, 06:07 PM
yes thats were i stoled it from i tried writing it out but found it easier just to copy and paste lol lol