PDA

View Full Version : spoiler

boyle_46
01-12-07, 02:46 PM
Ive just got a new mark 2 spoiler for my car and was wondering if i will need a seal to go round it and if it is necessary ? thanks

JSeymour
01-12-07, 02:50 PM
no just some good double sidded tape.

boyle_46
01-12-07, 02:53 PM
top man ! :thumb:

boyle_46
01-12-07, 04:00 PM
What do i use the 4 spikes for ? :S is there anything that slips over them ?

ade
01-12-07, 05:41 PM
no just some good double sidded tape.

lol pmsl! lol

There's a thread in styling or at the top of this category that tells you how to fir a mk2 spoiler.

Did your car have a spoiler before (eg mk1).

The 4 "spikes" are screws that you thread through the top of the hatch and bolt from the inside.

It's a fair biatch to line up. You dont need a seal or anything but depending on how big you drill your holes you may want to whack some mastik or similar (not silisone sealer though) in the hole prior to threading up.

Alternatively you could bond it on with a professional bodykit adhesive (eg tiger seal) but I wouldnt because if it came off and hit someone you would be in deep trouble!

Do it properly - will last longer. Will take you a couple of hours if your half decent at bodywork...

:thumb:

JSeymour
01-12-07, 10:53 PM
???

i assumed he was using the srews aswel, nova spoilers came with tape from the factory.

Ricky G
01-12-07, 10:58 PM
i remember my mates 1.2 nova when he got a gte spoiler i raided my dads anglian van and we fitted it on with a tube of mastic. never came off and still to this day is going around a banger track with same spoiler on it. this was....5 years ago. a bodge job that lasted!

ade
01-12-07, 11:46 PM
quality!

Sorry J - I thought you were messing with him - see what you mean now re double sided tape.

lol