PDA

View Full Version : my list

DEE'S NOVA
03-07-02, 04:17 PM
hi i'm new here and i bought my girlfreind a gte nova and it needs a bit of work so looking for an idear of a price for this list

new landing panel weilded on
needs a new fuel pump housing
hinge pins
off side cv joint
knock sensor
good set of leads
radiator

and it has a slight sweat at the fuel gage sending unit how would i fix it

i have more stuff to ask but got to go work so i'll post them later

CP
03-07-02, 09:16 PM
Most of what you want shud be available at a local scrappy. If not try Carquip on 01366 324318 - not the cheapest but they are reliable as I have found. If you browse other Nova sites there other firms doing similar mostly based in England tho'.

The fuel sender is problematic on Novas. If it works then you are laughing. You can take the instrument panel apart quite easily to get rid of condensation. Get a copy of Haynes cos you'll need guidance to get at it.

As rgds the welding - easiest is to go to a few friendly local garages and ask for a quote or get friendly with someone who can weld up cars OK

Oh and there is always Novatrader on here for sourcing stuff

Dicko
04-07-02, 01:32 AM
knock sensor on a nova gte? what the fcuk? are you sure? i cant remember mine ever having 1 :-/

Spacemonkey
04-07-02, 09:29 AM
Hey im from aberdeen, and i used dixon vauxhall spares there quite good the stuff i have ordered i have always recieved next day :) i dont think the p+p is that bad either for 2 bumpers i was 10 quid p+p they supply used and new parts.

there website is that great but they show some of the new parts they offer but you are best to fone them

http://www.dixonsvauxhallspares.co.uk/

ade
04-07-02, 11:14 AM
got this magazine called car mechanics n theyre currently doing up a 1.2 nova. they use this company called auto-vaux tel 0870 264 7855 or www.autovaux.co.uk
Some of the prices theyre quoting for parts are really cheap.

e.g timing belt - vauxhall original ?12.40 - autovaux ?6.95

Most stuff is dead cheap and cant be bad if a car mechanics mag is promoting it!
Where bouts in central scotland u from?
I'm from Glasgow!
:D

DEE'S NOVA
04-07-02, 02:17 PM
GREENOCK! is where i'm from and work in glasgow airport
and cheers for da replys