PDA

View Full Version : Sportex exhaust systems

GTE TURBZ
30-11-07, 10:37 AM
Hi anyone used a sportex exhaust (full system) before and if so what is it like, going on a gte, appreciate the advice in advance

Jim Mcrae
30-11-07, 01:30 PM
I have one on my XE, so probably the same system, its a decent peice of kit tbh, well made, and its durable, its grounded a few times and is still fine, thay are well priced too. Mine is bloody noisy though, so even on a gte you may find yourself being unpopular with the neighbours,

Adam
30-11-07, 05:04 PM
There very loud, poorly made, rust, and fit badly.

Even the prices aren't good.

Ashley systems are cheaper, and much better.

ANDYRACER
30-11-07, 05:12 PM
Buy an Ashley instead, hated my sportex system so bought a full ashley.

Adam
30-11-07, 05:13 PM
Buy an Ashley instead, hated my sportex system so bought a full ashley.
Same here,Lol

DW-Nova
01-12-07, 11:08 AM
Had a sportex exhaust system on my 1.4 luxe and was well impressed it was very cheap, fitted really well. was really loud which i liked cause i didnt go long distances often in my car but if you used the motorway it probably could get a bit much, cant comment on it rusting cause it wasnt on the car long enough to give it chance.

Nick
01-12-07, 02:17 PM
Yep, can't go wrong with ashley !

Jim Mcrae
01-12-07, 03:40 PM
I have one on my XE, so probably the same system, its a decent peice of kit tbh, well made, and its durable, its grounded a few times and is still fine, thay are well priced too. Mine is bloody noisy though, so even on a gte you may find yourself being unpopular with the neighbours,

:tard: I actually ment ashley lol and got confused somewhere Doh

GTE TURBZ
07-12-07, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the advice, so in a nut shell they're cr*p, i see alot of you recommending the ashley system however, people say there very loud which isn't the attention i want, i simply want a subtle slightly deeper sound to the original GTE exhaust note. :)

Adam
07-12-07, 11:17 AM
Yeah, they're loud.
But they sound nice.

Its not like a 1L with a 5" rage backbox loud.

GRUNT 16V
07-12-07, 12:11 PM
Get a Jetex if they still make them!!