PDA

View Full Version : well known 1.6 8v engine/box etc for sale

Dan
28-11-07, 07:07 PM
Again as per my shell for sale i am also letting go of my baby that ran the thing to do things people said couldnt be done.

The engine and bits with it made it one of the fastest on the qtr mile posting constant times of 14.3 at santa pod. Its also designed/tuned to have plenty of grunt so runs smooth and pulls like a train. I have brought this engine through the last ten years of various tuning stages until this last one that made it the best possible combination.

The full engine spec is.......

1650 Rebore/hone block, Pistons, Ground crank, Main bearings, Big-end bearings, Lightened flywheel, Faced flywheel, Skimmed block face,Full dynamic engine balance, Oil pump. Blydenstien b+ head, NEW Helix paddle clutch and cover, kent ast2 cam, springs, tappets etc etc, twin forties, ashley exhaust system, 1.4 sr dizzy/coil
also my gearbox is up alongside it, it comprises of the f13 cr cluster running a 4.18 final drive. Also fitted to the gearbox is my gripper plate diff..............
(ideal with the engine for sale as they compliment each other)

Many Thanks

Dan

Dan
29-11-07, 06:56 PM
up

benny f gsi,n it
29-11-07, 11:10 PM
Any other bits for a e16se engine ?

Dan
30-11-07, 05:47 PM
Prefer to sell as a whole due to the proven performance of the package.

Riggy
30-11-07, 10:02 PM
awsome engine for a small block :thumb:

btt for you dan

srs1
01-12-07, 01:52 AM
been in this car around a track. pulled like mad and it kept up with the best.

awsome set up and well worth its weight in gold.

up up and away for you dan.

i'd buy it if i didn't have a mortgage.

Nick
01-12-07, 02:22 PM
Dan, in the off-chance that you decide to break - I'd have first dibs on the head.

But good luck with selling it as a whole, I've seen this in action and it's a cracking engine. I wish mine was as good !

Dan
01-12-07, 08:45 PM
cheers guys :O

nick all the offers for odds and sods will be noted. but i know your aware as are the others the best thing for this engine is to be sold complete if possible purely because of what it is :D

Dan
03-12-07, 08:04 PM
:)

Dan
07-12-07, 06:50 PM
:d

scott.parker
08-12-07, 12:34 AM
Dude you might shift it better on a Rally site or something, as most users/members have already started/have an engine that they are working on so i dont think theres many on here who are looking to spend the money for it at the mo..i might be wrong but i just feel its not going to get sold on here.

Again i must say this engine when it was ran in the car with the diff/box etc was so so dam fast,it made me smile something stupid lol

Scott

Dan
08-12-07, 02:39 PM
i totally agree, i just didnt want it to get bought by anyone lol. those places are my next port of call when it comes to advertising. The aim was to give it a few weeks then open up the sale of it tbh :thumb:

Dan
16-12-07, 10:04 PM
pm's replied, coming upto the last few bumps until i advertise this outside of our forums

scott.parker
16-12-07, 10:10 PM
Common guys last chance to own an amazingly setup engine that would coast you loads, and take some serious time to get this one's ability..

don't miss out..

Riggy
17-12-07, 11:30 AM
bump for dan , this is the most proven 8v engine you will ever see :thumb:

ANDYRACER
17-12-07, 03:19 PM
Would the box be ok on my 1.3 sr lump?

Dan
17-12-07, 07:24 PM
well its the closest ratio's you can get without going quaife :thumb:

Lee
17-12-07, 07:29 PM
No one wants smallblock power anymore lol lol

lol

lol lol lol

Although, if you DO want to go smallblock power, this is the engine you want. Hurts me to say so but i fecking love this engine, and if i was told my mother was going to be shot if i used another XE i would be bolting this thing in like a shot.

Someone make sure this engine stays in the club!!!

Ash
17-12-07, 10:09 PM
I would of bought this... but I've already got one. This is the engine I based my spec on as it was so well proven.

Free bump again

Mike
17-12-07, 10:12 PM
Someone make sure this engine stays in the club!!!

Me thinks its the wrong time of the year to be selling this :thumb:

adam c
18-12-07, 12:21 AM
at 70mph roughly what rpm is it at?

Dan
18-12-07, 01:01 AM
70mph in 5th is about 4000rpm, and peaking at 122mph at 7000rpm when running 195/45/15 tyres. Those values are based on a proper spa speedo calibrated/independant rev counter and not a standard set of clocks.

As regards the time of year for selling the engine etc this time of year is when people are creating new projects for the new season so there is no real bad time, the main factor is people understanding what is on offer and how rare something proven like this crops up :) .

d171jvf
18-12-07, 06:41 PM
wish i had that sort of money to spend on an engine, good luck with the sale!