PDA

View Full Version : FAO any builders out there

dave.gsi
28-11-07, 05:25 PM
i was listening to sarah cox on the radio on the way home before, she was talking about men,.....................wait for it................................................ .........................who wear womens tights under their work clothes to keep warm when working outside (:eek: )

now i work outside, and at this time of year its fecking freezing, but i just don't think i could bring myself to do it!

the worst part was, she was getting hundreds of texts in from builders,scaffolders even plasterers who were like 'yeah i do it all the time'.

is it just me, or is that a little bit wrong?!

Stoo
28-11-07, 05:29 PM
how very ghey

i wear thermals like a proper man!

Plug
28-11-07, 05:29 PM
ya lol that is actually very wrong i have never done it.

i cant even bring myself to wear long johns.

dave.gsi
28-11-07, 05:32 PM
im the same. theres no way you'd catch me in thermals let alone a sassy pair of 15 derniers*

(* i think thats what their called lol )

Jenks
28-11-07, 05:33 PM
Long johns are cool lol. Keep me warm when I’m out watching night event rally’s. Not to sure about tights though lol

Ben
28-11-07, 05:45 PM
I hate sarah cox she is foul mouthed northern slag

dave.gsi
28-11-07, 05:46 PM
thats the reason why i like her :p

Plug
28-11-07, 06:05 PM
shes ok moyles all the way thou he rabbits on but its some funny shlt

dave.gsi
28-11-07, 06:19 PM
scott mills any day of the week. he's so much funnier than moyles......really childish sense of humour, just like me lol

Jack
28-11-07, 06:34 PM
Quoted for truth.

I used to really really really fancy her - this was about 10 years ago though back when she was on the cover of Loaded (still have that issue somewhere) and was a Vladivar girl, and doing the girly show... although as soon as she opened her mouth it all went to pot, and its gone progressively downhill since then :(

...and its not just because she's northern, although thats a big part of it lol

Jim Mcrae
28-11-07, 07:01 PM
She'd still get it though lol

Plug
28-11-07, 07:02 PM
Yea 2 right

mowgli
28-11-07, 07:37 PM
i have worked outdoors for the last twelve years & I have to wear thermals round this time of year cos I have pins & plates in my left knee & the damp cold air really makes them ache. When it gets proper cold they are fine.
I would never wear tights for work.................. for Play maybe (or is that foreplay?)

Lynsey
28-11-07, 07:44 PM

There is nothing wrong with us northern gals you know :roll: . You have a strong opinion about her lol.

Lynsey
28-11-07, 07:45 PM
I would never wear tights for work.................. for Play maybe (or is that foreplay?)

Pics? :D

mowgli
28-11-07, 07:48 PM
Pics? :D

Forklift trUCK off

Plug
28-11-07, 07:52 PM
Forklift trUCK off

took me a while to get that lol

honest truth aswell

mowgli
28-11-07, 07:55 PM
took me a while to get that lol

honest truth aswell

i am slowly shaking my head.

Plug
28-11-07, 07:58 PM
^ lol i have a young feebal mind

scott.parker
28-11-07, 08:01 PM
lol
Well i know when i used to work on site's when i was in my apprenticeship some of the brick layers use to wear long jons, i didn't for work.

BUT when i was around 14 or something one winter when it snowed i wanted to go out sledging with all my mates,but i was so could after a few hrs i came home, and my sister said i wear tights under my jeans,try it she said!

I was like no way **** off! lol

But after a few more hrs i though sod it i don't have any long jons, so i did and it works it keeps you well warm,but it feels strange on the ol tackle! lol

Plug
28-11-07, 08:06 PM
lol
Well i know when i used to work on site's when i was in my apprenticeship some of the brick layers use to wear long jons, i didn't for work.

BUT when i was around 14 or something one winter when it snowed i wanted to go out sledging with all my mates,but i was so could after a few hrs i came home, and my sister said i wear tights under my jeans,try it she said!

I was like no way **** off! lol

But after a few more hrs i though sod it i don't have any long jons, so i did and it works it keeps you well warm,but it feels strange on the ol tackle! lol

Ha Ha Ha everyone will start confessing after this lol

mowgli
28-11-07, 08:07 PM
This thread is now getting more like an episode of Gerry Springer!!!!!

'My sister made me a cross dresser"

The whole idea is to keep yourself from getting soaked. cold n dry is easy to cope with. cold n wet is not nice.

scott.parker
28-11-07, 08:12 PM
I don't care, i have no shame in saying about it, it's not like im telling the hole world i was dressing in my Gran's undies or some ****! lol

If you get your jeans wet in snow and they touch the skin it's horrid,but with something on underneath "EG" tights, it helps keep the chill off.
And is also a cheep insulating layer, **** if your really cold enough you would stop "trying to be the hard man"

Scott

smcgsi16v
28-11-07, 10:49 PM
When I was on the tools, working outside in the freezing cold, I would wear them really thick tights and thermal under garments. It had to be done and they do help.

Layers are the key, thinner layers tbetter.

Timmy
28-11-07, 11:07 PM
i have themal base layers ie long jons, and do wear cycling tights in the winter when training. "tights" work , not tryed lady tights thouhg,

Jack
28-11-07, 11:24 PM
There is nothing wrong with us northern gals you know :roll: . You have a strong opinion about her lol.
He's not the only one. Although I do find the northern accent strangely appealing in SOME cases - I used to work with a northern girl who used to give me the heebie jeebies every time she spoke. Couldn't go out with someone like that though, any more than half hour of it and I'd start going postal lol

Alex is awful, when she's with her northern friend at uni she starts to mimic the accent - extremely badly. Think Fred Dibnah on drugs.

Ben
29-11-07, 09:33 AM
Nothing wrong with Northern girls, just cant stand Sarah Cox, infact i like to tell people my disaproval at any given moment, And to be honest i find most blokes agree.

Dar
29-11-07, 09:57 AM
<Butch mode>
I would never wear tights to keep warm, I'm a real man. When it gets really cold I only wear shorts and a T-Shirt! The cold dosen't bother me at all!!

Gurrrr!!!
</Butch mode>

FUSION X16XE
29-11-07, 12:25 PM
long johns are my best friend when on site and a company fleece or two lol

Stoo
29-11-07, 12:32 PM
Nowt wrong wi northerners!!

woody307
29-11-07, 01:10 PM
I fuc*ing hate sarah cox, she's a spoon faced, c*ck joggling thunder c*nt. She should be destroyed with a nail bomb through her front door. Or at least give her a bit of coal to chew on and stop her from mouthing off like an annoying tw*t.

Oh, and long john's are class, never tried birds tights tho. i might have to give it a go!!! ;)

Riggy
29-11-07, 03:18 PM
lol rexy wears tights

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/riggy4/rexydress.jpg

mowgli
29-11-07, 06:58 PM
long johns are my best friend when on site and a company fleece or two lol

are you a shepherd??

mowgli
29-11-07, 07:00 PM
lol rexy wears tights

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/riggy4/rexydress.jpg

For some reason the phrase 'he's behind you' has a new meaning.....

dave.gsi
29-11-07, 10:01 PM
he obviously didn't borrow that dress from her lol

goldengraham
29-11-07, 11:26 PM
he obviously didn't borrow that dress from her lol

lmao

Dan
30-11-07, 11:21 PM
the worst thing about that pic is....lee would lol lol lol lol

Riggy
30-11-07, 11:25 PM