PDA

View Full Version : new to the redtop scene... Sugestions??

Grey
27-11-07, 11:46 PM
hellooo im a new one here but was part of novaload a few years back with my 1400 sr!:D i now own one wich ive allways wanted wich is a 2.0 redtop nova its a animal lovely to piss off ?30,000 motors driving about!
anyway!!! i have truble with idileing now and again has a mind of its own when its cold you start it drive it for about15 mins half hour whatever it will hunt on idle low high low high was thinking about clearing throttle body...... but it even does it after it hot sometimes?? my golf done this to me and just needed serviced and thats what ive already done?? other thing is dodgy dash lights oil pressure was buggerd allready now all gauges wana read silly then when turn lights on nothing works fuel bat water rev counter soooooooo was wanting to do a digi dash anyway but BIG but are they a ****hole to get in wire up blabla?? tried finding if any1 had put in one on here as a guide through but coudnt find one. its the mk2 astra dash want to put in. cheers :thumb: anywhere to put piks up of your car etc??

gsiboy21
28-11-07, 12:59 AM
try clean the idile speed contral valve

Stuart
28-11-07, 08:33 AM
yep clean the ICV and bin the text typing.

welcome

craig green
28-11-07, 12:58 PM
ICV is on the pipe that runs down underneath the SFi box. It has a loom plug on it.

Use carb cleaner. Soak it good & proper.