View Full Version : 2L 16V A reg Saloon 44k miles ?1500

Al1exx
27-11-07, 01:46 PM
:cry:
The time has come to consider selling my Nova - I had it for 3 months and spent a year and a half getting the money together to get it back - to have to consider selling it again due to personal circumstances (i.e. a55hat neighbours!).

It's an A reg 2 door saloon, metallic bronze, with full 2L running gear. Spec as follows:

Spanish "L" Body, 44k miles on shell
2L 16 V engine, Coscast head, belts etc done Not sure on engine milage but from memory was around 89k when fitted.
Astra GSi ECU, different map I think as it's quite hungry and very quick
Safety Devices Roll cage with door bars
Cobra buckets with harnesses
15" GSi wheels
16v brakes, original servo though (GTE servo included in sale) drums @ back
Gmax suspension (I think, definitely lowered)
No roll bars, handles very well
Original trim elsewhere, down to original stereo!
SR 6-clock dash with miles wound to correct reading.
EBC discs & pads @ front
Different steering wheel & gearknob

As with all Nova valvers this one will happily run off the clock, and gets there with ease pulling nice & strong in all gears.

Just out of MOT, taxed till March next year. Still registered as a 993cc which would need changed which is up to the new owner.

The car cost me ?1800 three months ago, and is the same as it was 3 months ago bar the MOT running out, and some petty vandalism thats spurred me on to consider selling it.

Vandalism as follows:
* Keyed down the drivers wing (will polish out & I'd do this, very light not even through the clearcoat)
* Both wing mirrors knocked clean off (I clipped them back on but they are a little wobbly. Plastic welding or new ones would do the job.)
* backbox of exhaust was jumped on all over till it bent down under the car (which split the exhaust near the backbox, but I straightened it up - still split & rotten though! Either a whole new exhaust, or a section about 6" long needs let in.)
*skiff on pass. door from where the mirror hit it when it was knocked off.
*Two bits of bump strip trim missing (front pass wing & pass door)

It will need the following done to pass the MOT:

* Exhaust fixed (see above)
* Handbrake light doesn't work. It's always been like that and sneaked through the last MOT without it - but might get picked up this time.
* Brakes were an advisory on the crap 1L servo - so it might fail on this this time - GTE one included.
* Emissions might get picked up on - it's a hungry car! - but they passed the last time.

It may need other stuff (though I doubt it) but those are the things I know of. It drives superb, and is very very solid. Comes wit hthe servo, and a spare front grill, front wings and front bumper.

I'm looking for ?1500 no offers please. Its ?300 off what I paid a short while ago (which I think is ample to clear an MOT). I can mail pics to anyone interested? The car is located in Central Scotland, near Falkirk. Any inspection welcome.

Alex
:cry:

coombsey
27-11-07, 05:18 PM
pics please

hughesthelegend
27-11-07, 06:56 PM
pics please.

Al1exx
27-11-07, 07:34 PM
Coombsey need your e-mail address mate, hughesthelegend - done!

Al1exx
28-11-07, 09:37 PM
Cheers for the interest, decided to keep it - will find a way around the problems!

hughesthelegend
29-11-07, 06:50 PM
gutted your not selling, but glad your gonna keep it ,keep the saloons alive. there's always away around the problems!

chris-gsi
29-11-07, 08:38 PM
wanted a xe saloon 4a while if your intrested in a xe corsa pm me and send pics to: barter.boi@hotmail.co.uk