PDA

View Full Version : knocking noise

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:23 PM
help please i have a knocking noise comming from the
front of the car when i brake and the steering wheel shakes slightly
& it is getting worse
i have replaced both discs and pads and it still knocking
my car is a 1.2 could it be just the shit brakes?

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:32 PM
Sounds like warped discs but you say you have replaced them? CHECK THE WHEEL NUTS NOW!

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:37 PM
The wheels might need balancing if your steering is shaking. If it is a knocking, it could be a calliper has seized. It sounds dodgy but I have had it before, and having it at the moment. It is an easy job to sort if it is this.

If you don't know how to do this say and I'll try to give you some instructions. If you don't want to do it yourself, it shouldn't cost 2 much to do in a garage.

It has happened to me a few times now, as soon as I'm paid I'll be putting the car in to nova tech for an astra GSI brake conversion. Standard brakes on nova's are complete shite.

good luck

Anonymous
25-10-00, 10:01 PM
i recon u might hav run into someone without realising, check under the bonnet just incase! sorry i cant b much help

Anonymous
26-10-00, 10:49 AM
check your cv boot, if these split grease goes all over the inside of your wheel and causes it to be un balanced and vibrates your steering wheel

Anonymous
26-10-00, 01:20 PM
Check your door hinges for play, trust me!! I had a knock at the left side of my car under braking and hard acceleration, turned out to be a worn door hinge pin which I replaced for 12p ahh silence at last! The wobble under braking is from bent front disks, if u change them for cheap aftermarket shite, they`ll bend again in a week: mine did. Buy genuine disks well worth the money!