PDA

View Full Version : 40's / Dispak

Dicko
02-07-02, 11:38 PM
does anybody know how you would go about runing carbs on an engine with a dispak? such s the corsa gsi 1.6 16v?

iv seen that u can now get the inlet manifold for this engine. would i haveto run a special ignition setup like weber-alpha?

any idea apreciated cheers

Ste_Nova
03-07-02, 09:26 AM
use a f*rd ignition system

CP
03-07-02, 01:51 PM
Maybe worth having a word with Chris Tunnicliffe?
Also spk to Alan at Velos near Burton 01283 542484.
Only thing about carbs is that are slowly becoming obsolete - maybe better to get a tuned induction and keep it injection?

Dicko
03-07-02, 07:39 PM
i would get a velos induction kit but that requires most of the sensors used by the standard engine, the problem im having at the moment indicates that there is a problem with my loom/ecu or a sensor, and i cannot seem to fix it, ecu reads knock sensor, but iv replaced that and its still reading that fualt, checked the wires from the sensor to the pin on the ecu and it seems fine. so fitting 1 of those kits would not help.

i can get a set of 40's for ?150 and the manifold for ?115, i think the linkage kit is ?50ish.

spoke to chris already and he said u have it converted, but i showed him a pic of my 16v head with the rocker cover off and he said 'o fcuk' see wot u mean, cuz u cant do what he did.....

CP
03-07-02, 08:53 PM
Oh right I can see what you are saying but the only really cheap way is to sort your loom and sensors. Whilst I can see that on paper the 40's route might look cheaper I think in reality it'll cost quite a bit more than you anticipate by the time you get some sort of ECU rigged up to run the ignition.
I would def. have a word or go and see Alan at Velos. They spend a lot of time trying to develop cheap ways of doing this sort of thing and they're good honest blokes who are always willing to help. They made the crank sensor pulley for mine to save money and it works well. :)

Dicko
04-07-02, 12:37 AM
well its like a stepping stone until i can afford throttle bodies.

i think the timing is out on the ignition due to the problem it hasm and didnt really wanna damage anything running with it 'out'. (sounds dodgy lol)

gonna wire in an x13 plug this week and take it down to vuaxhall see what they say, if they say its the knock sensor ill show them the receipt for the new 1 i got 3 weeks ago :)

btw - if u ever gte bored try running ur car without the bottom alt pulley on (if u have a crank position sensor)

wait til engine gets to 4k rpm, u get a 'suprise' lol

i did it completely by accident testing if the timing was setup corectly