PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrghhhh

Ballsy
02-07-02, 04:12 PM
Dont u hate it when u spend ages thinkin ov a mod to do 2 ur car, then u go to a show or take a few pics and post them on the web etc and then every man and his dog steals ur idea!!!!!!!!

Ballsy

PS djp_y2k has ur spoiler got the carbon fibre tip or is it the plain fibre glass one???

ade
02-07-02, 04:49 PM
the worlds full of copies m8 :(

Best thing is though u know in yerself YOU thought of it 1st!

Its what makes moddin so fun - the constant generation of zany ideas!

If its really pissing u off - copyright idea and insist on royalties :D

ade

barnes
02-07-02, 05:32 PM
ive just copyrighted ade's copywriting idea so you cant do that till you pay me a fiver

Ben (lurk75)
02-07-02, 07:30 PM
The worst one is when you think of a mod, then you spot someone else with it so then you dont want to do it as get accused of copying, although you thought it up on your own as well, i bloody hate great minds that think alike!!!

ade
02-07-02, 09:53 PM
barnes - u cant copyright my idea - I copyrighted already (see u in court!)

If u think of an excellent mod - keep yer gob shut until u've added it 2 yer car. Most mod copies start off coz u get so excited u blab to yer mates - who all drive novas and then jump on the mod band wagon claiming it for themselves!
Most pre mods get blabbed on here as peeps seek advice - once blabbed its gone!

Ade

dave.gsi
03-07-02, 12:12 AM
no-one better steal my capri vynal roof idea :lol:

?Marty?
03-07-02, 12:23 AM
And it's not just thinking of it first that makes a difference! You can't know what other people are thinking of, and even if you believe that you've got an original idea, there might be someone already beavering away in their garage carrying out that exact same idea while you're still thinking.

IT'S THE FIRST PERSON TO HAVE CARRIED OUT THE IDEA, WHICH HAS BEEN SEEN BY SOME-ONE ELSE.

And what does it matter? Yea it would piss you off if someone on your street, in your town or even in your city has done the same, but what if you never even see their car yourself? Big deal. Then it's who gets it featured in a magazine first, that end's up getting the credit for their so-called original idea.

It really pisses me off when people claim to be the first to have or think of something and etc. Aspecially in magazines. Llike oooh i'm the first person in the uk to have these wheels! When some-one in my town has been driving round on a set of said wheels for fuckin' months.

If you modify a car do what YOU think is trick, and if in the process you do something that hasn't been done before then good for you. And if you don't then so what? At least it looks smart. Unless it doesn't.

THERE'S NOT SUCH THING IN CAR MODIFYING ANYWAY. Give me original ideas then please! Things that have been done before, for the first time!

IT'S DOING SOMETHING BETTER THAT MATTERS!!! Whether it's a new idea that makes the car look better, fo faster (better) or an old one that's fitted better, painted better, matching the rest of the modifications better. QUALITY COUNTS.

- "ooh i'm the first to fit 19's!" - big deal. did you make the fuckin' wheels? no.

- "i thought of fitting a wings west front bumper to the front of my nova first!" - so you fitted a front bumper to the front of your car? wow. Though if you made it look factory fit, and it actually suit's the car, then you get my respect.

Unless you make A CAR yourself out of an original desine (and i meen the whole fuckin car, not just changing bits on it) then your 'original' idea will most likely be not so original after all. AS IF YOU FIT SOMETHING TO YOUR CAR, EVEN IF IT WAS NOT MENT FOR YOUR CAR, SOME-ONE HAS THOUGHT OF THE IDEA TO FIT IT TO A CAR BEFORE YOU.

?Marty?
03-07-02, 12:27 AM
CURE FOR CANCER?

dave.gsi
03-07-02, 12:29 AM
WTF?? :o

?Marty?
03-07-02, 12:31 AM
Cash Rules Everything Around Me. C.R.E.A.M. Dollar Dollar Bills yo!

coz that is what everything's about. EVERYTHING. whether you like it or not. and no matter how much you try to deny it. cash rules everything.

dave.gsi
03-07-02, 12:45 AM
sounds like u've been on the crack again mate :lol:

novaexplod
03-07-02, 10:01 AM
either that or too much herb.