PDA

View Full Version : short shifter

Matt Finary
02-07-02, 12:16 PM
Is it possible to make a short shifter and linkage?

:P

novatec
02-07-02, 12:30 PM
You can cut your gearlever down and a quickshift gear linkage. If it's to gear quicker it's better and looks good with the right gaiter.

brian
02-07-02, 07:14 PM
the quickshift linkage that can be bought isn't great. i had one and sold it again. :x

Doc
03-07-02, 11:46 AM
Ive heard excellent reports about the Griffiths quick shift system.
Check out the site: http://www.griff-eng.co.uk/vauxhall.htm

I knew a guy who had one fitted to his Nova Sri and raved about, said it lowered his 0-60 time too. :D

Ste_Nova
03-07-02, 12:06 PM
my gear changes are fast enough... i've managed to dent the bulkhead from ramming the clutch pedel down to hard

CP
03-07-02, 02:02 PM
I use the Griffith Engineering quikshift and its great. You get around a third less travel over the std but more importantly you get a much more positive feel making gear selection a lot better. They cost about ?75 and to be quite honest you couldn't make one as good yourself for that money. They are really well made, all fully rosejointed and the geometry has been changed as well. They are used by the rally boys on a budget so they can take the pace. They are pretty easy to fit if you follow the instructions. Only thing is I found that I had to remove the rear engine mount to get it in properly. :)

brian
03-07-02, 06:12 PM
That looks like an excellent quickshift. the one i had was just a replacement linkage. think i might get me one of em. anyone else use it?

2ltrGsi
04-07-02, 02:07 PM
i bought my quickshift from rally design it cost me 27 quid and its mint cheaper and get it next day so i could moan.
Dec

Sid
04-07-02, 03:39 PM
If CP says its good, that's good enough for me!

I am pondering of getting one now (only cos I read this!) ...and put it in with my valver conversion.

Is it recommended to get a smaller gear stick? make one or buy one?
Gotta look right too!