PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall nova 2.0 turbo C20LET

LukeC88
23-11-07, 08:34 PM
Engine
C20LET 2.0 turbo Calibra engine, standard turbo running 7-8psi, dual capacity charge cooler with its own radiatior behind the front bumper, Denso iridium spark plugs, 8mm Magnecor leads, polished plug cover and oil cap, large cone air filter, full stainless exhaust system with decat pipe and 3? powerflow backbox with out rolled tip
Exterior:
Full GSi kit, Mk3 Astra GSi bonnet vents, GM headlamp protectors, euro style red/clear rear lights, delocked doors with remote central locking, single wiper conversion, alloy petrol cap, rear arches rolled to allow for it to be lowered so much (does not rub even with 3 people in the back), full respray in Subaru Pearl Blue
interior:
Retrimmed GSi seats and doorcards in half leather, half alcantra, snap off steering wheel also retrimmed in alcantra, boost gauge mounted to A-pillar, Astra mk2 digi dash, alloy gearknob, electic windows, fan switch and chargecooler switches mounted near headlight switch, fire extinguisher mounted to centre console. the gauges in the centre console are now gone and i have put standard heater vents back in but havent got a clock for there yet.
Wheels,suspension and chassis:
16" Irmscher Softstar wheels, Spax coilovers on the front, very low at the back.red front strut brace, 2.0 front brakes and rear disk conversion too, engine bay fully seam welded for strengthening

Kenwood head unit, 6x9s in parcel shelf

NEW PARTS IT HAS HAD FITTED:
passenger side ball joint has been replaced.
sump gasket recently done and sealed (Genuine GM one)
had a new clutch and thrush bearing fitted (standard C20LET)
new magnecor leads and denso iridium spark plugs
new rocker cover gasket (GM one from vauxhall)
had a new windscreen fitted 2 months ago with a brand new rubber
2 new roof gutter rubbers. (from vauxhall)
Coolant temperature sensor (from vauxhall)
SPARE PARTS:
i have a few spare parts which will be sold with the car. these are:
2 new wishbones.
1 new ball joint. (have already replaced passenger side one)
spare heater vents.
sure i have more but cant think off the top of my head

Bad points
Engine runs a bit lumpy on first start up of the day. Once been warmed up it is fine.
Could do with 2 new front tyres as they have worn on the inner edge.
a clip is broken on the grill and makes it stick out a little bit on the passenger side.
few stonechips on front bumper.
an oil pipe going to the turbo from underneath is leaking a small amount of oil.
Pics:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/ProwlerCorsa2/nova1.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/ProwlerCorsa2/nova2.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/ProwlerCorsa2/Picture139.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/ProwlerCorsa2/Picture150.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/ProwlerCorsa2/Picture149.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/ProwlerCorsa2/Picture148-1.jpg
?3700 ONO located in irthlingborough, northamptonshire
call luke on 07724824945 for more details

bonelorry
25-11-07, 12:36 PM
id almost certainly have bought this car if it didnt have cold start probs and an oil leak from the turbo :(

hughesthelegend
26-11-07, 09:17 PM
yeah im in the same opinion.^^

Stoo
27-11-07, 09:50 AM
for the asking price id expect all problems to be fixed? am i right??

inhterested by the way

gammienov16v
27-11-07, 12:05 PM
like the chrome charger its a top nova:thumb:

s14a
27-11-07, 12:17 PM
pm me best price please

40ies
29-11-07, 04:42 PM
for the asking price id expect all problems to be fixed? am i right??

inhterested by the way

i'm with you on that

s14a
29-11-07, 05:49 PM
no reply from this chap at all??

Stoo
30-11-07, 12:49 PM
nope

shame

never mind

eyes are on something else now

LukeC88
30-11-07, 04:50 PM
sorry ive been working away all week. only got back today. ive dropped the price from the usual ?4000 which nova turbos are worth so that the things can be sorted.

bonelorry
30-11-07, 05:46 PM
sorry ive been working away all week. only got back today. ive dropped the price from the usual ?4000 which nova turbos are worth so that the things can be sorted.

sorry mate but in my honest opinion if you sorted the problems yourself and then readvertised the car at ?4000 you would stand a much better chance of selling!!!

as the car is at the moment if you want it gone you will either have to sort the faults or sell it for peanuts to get any interest :roll:

Plug
30-11-07, 06:04 PM
Sort it and then sell it if your looking for that price mate

LukeC88
05-12-07, 04:20 PM
okay then how about ?3400. no offers. thanks

keelanj
13-12-07, 08:06 PM
Do you still have it ??

LukeC88
13-12-07, 11:50 PM
yeah still got it, but going to get my total vauxhall shoot done first. they want a double feature of this and my brothers corsa C20 LET as a brotherly theme.

bonelorry
14-12-07, 06:35 PM
yeah still got it, but going to get my total vauxhall shoot done first. they want a double feature of this and my brothers corsa C20 LET as a brotherly theme.

the real reason is he knows he cant sell it when it has known faults :roll:

s14a
14-12-07, 06:48 PM
id buy it with the faults at the right price, have money ****in here waitin but not givin that amount

LukeC88
14-12-07, 06:50 PM
the real reason is he knows he cant sell it when it has known faults :roll:
okay we'l see. ill let you know which months mag it will be appearing in after the shoot. and the corsa in question is the green one you were considering swapping your S14a for.

bonelorry
15-12-07, 05:22 PM
okay we'l see. ill let you know which months mag it will be appearing in after the shoot. and the corsa in question is the green one you were considering swapping your S14a for.

yes the corsa, thats the one with the dodgy paintjob one side! in reality it went more on the lines that the chap who owns the corsa let approached me and asked if i would be interested in a swap with my 200sx.

as you say i was interested, that is until i saw the pics of the car with different coloured panels on one side and read the might i say very interesting thread on migweb about the car! :eek:

the corsa too like your nova was in need of some work and wasnt really going to sell for ?4k without the faults sorting, just as yours wont :thumb:

i do like your nova very much but like myself and everyone have already said you need to sort out the faults beforehand!

LukeC88
15-12-07, 07:02 PM
the corsa only has one door which is a slightly different shade of green, and thats all it needs doing really. he was only changing a few other parts because he wanted to freshen up the front end with new parts. not because its nackered.

Ricky G
15-12-07, 11:37 PM
btt

James P
18-12-07, 10:24 PM
if your guna buy a turbo nova or any turbo car you've gota expect to have problems and know what your doing when it comes to these sort of engines, so hopefully he sells the car for the price he's asking to someone who knows what there talking about and will easily be able to fix it. seeing as it aint that much of a big problem. good luck with the sale.

hughesthelegend
19-12-07, 06:00 PM
to be honest he is telling you all the problems with the car which aint alot he could not say a thing and keep quiet but he dont wanna be a nob and stitch people up unlike most of you people (bonelorry) crashing this thread, i dont know the bloke but all he wants to do is sell a car,and like james said a simple thing like an oil leak would be easily fixed by someone who knows what they are doing and as such someone who knows turbo'd engines should buy this. good luck with the sale pal.

LukeC88
19-12-07, 06:14 PM
thanks for your positive comments lads!!!!! all i want to do is sell the car for the price im asking for.i am loosing out on nearly 2 grand by selling it for that anyway!!!! now unless you are completely interested in buying the car can you please leave the thread!!!! not much to ask for is it???

wilson_sri
19-12-07, 06:28 PM
Cracking car, lad that build it stays in same town as me. Always loved it. He is on here to and im sure he will vouch for it.

Stoo
19-12-07, 07:21 PM
TBH this looks a really nice car, and the probs are only minor. get off the bandwagon guys!

Sherco
21-12-07, 03:04 PM
TBH this looks a really nice car, and the probs are only minor. get off the bandwagon guys!

Agreed. Bump for a lovely car, i would love to buy this but need to sell my car first. Unless your after a MK4 Astra GSi Turbo?

the great wog
21-12-07, 06:36 PM
Agreed. Bump for a lovely car, i would love to buy this but need to sell my car first. Unless your after a MK4 Astra GSi Turbo?

Or what about a white type RA scooby! Lowered 18s tinted windows etc :)

olliew321
21-01-08, 11:20 PM
is this car still for sale, in the market for a nova turbo???

LukeC88
01-02-08, 06:55 PM
still up for sale. ?3000 takes it away, has now had 2 new tyres on the front (toyo proxes T1R) and 2 brand new griffin motorsport driveshafts.

bonelorry
02-02-08, 01:09 PM
are the cold start and oil leak problems sorted yet???

ash anderson
02-02-08, 02:55 PM
are the cold start and oil leak problems sorted yet???

well work it out hes asking ?3000 and people have stated he could get much more if the problems were fixed so guessing by the price they aint :thumb:

bonelorry
02-02-08, 05:36 PM
well work it out hes asking ?3000 and people have stated he could get much more if the problems were fixed so guessing by the price they aint :thumb:

thats fair enough didnt read that bit, not interested then if he cant be bother to solve the faults. id buy this car tomorrow if it was spot on

ednovasr2
02-02-08, 06:24 PM
I've not seen this car about! is it stored! I work in Rushden n hang about their a fair bit. Is it in storage?????:confused: :thumb:

Pics:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/ProwlerCorsa2/nova1.jpg
?3700 ONO located in irthlingborough, northamptonshire
call luke on 07724824945 for more details

ednovasr2
02-02-08, 06:25 PM
thats fair enough didnt read that bit, not interested then if he cant be bother to solve the faults. id buy this car tomorrow if it was spot on

As sooo cheap you could fix it yourself, but guess you can't be bothered! (sort of fault you can easy live with so guessing thats why not sorted it)!

bonelorry
03-02-08, 10:28 AM
As sooo cheap you could fix it yourself, but guess you can't be bothered! (sort of fault you can easy live with so guessing thats why not sorted it)!

i couldnt live with it and if it was my own car that developed the fault i would have fixed it straight away without fail, i would never buy a car with known faults especially since its such an easy fix why hasnt the current owner repaired it himself?

if its becuase cant be bothered then this makes the car look bad IMHO, what other things are wrong with the car that he cant be bothered to fix? i would have been happy to pay ?4k for a nova turbo like this if it was spot on but it annoys me that the price just gets lower and lower but the faults are still there and the car is still getting driven.

And just for the record im know someone will now come along with the....

"if your not interested in the car dont comment"

and

"this car is mint and is a bargain"

for 1 i am interested in this car and ive got the money to buy it NOW and 2 if its such a mint car and bargain then why hasnt it sold yet to someone on here or otherwise?

vallanc3
03-02-08, 11:13 AM

i bet you dont even have enough money for it. so shut up.

nice car hope it sells soon

emma27
03-02-08, 11:34 AM
hi
how much tax and mot does it have?
was it originally a gsi?
so now for 3k it does not include the 4 pots pictured?
how long has it been a 2l turbo?
how come you replaced both shafts?
any close ups pics of strut tops and if possible around the x-member area aswell

thanks

LukeC88
03-02-08, 12:16 PM
bonelorry, no i havent sorted those problems yet. but also on that note i havent been driving it. i havent used it in around a month and a half.

emma27, its only taxed until the end of this month and MOT til end march. i never had the 4 pots with it anyway the lad i got it from took them off before i got it, it has 2.0 front and rear brakes on it. has been a 2.0 turbo for a couple of years now. i replaced both shafts because a cv was on its way out and found a pair of brand new shafts for sale from chris s so got those. havent currently got any pics of the strut tops but i know theyre fine ill try to get some asap. my phone camera has decided it doesnt want to take pics anymore so ill have to borrow my brothers phone or something,

luke

ednovasr2
03-02-08, 04:19 PM
i couldnt live with it and if it was my own car that developed the fault i would have fixed it straight away without fail, i would never buy a car with known faults especially since its such an easy fix why hasnt the current owner repaired it himself?

if its becuase cant be bothered then this makes the car look bad IMHO, what other things are wrong with the car that he cant be bothered to fix? i would have been happy to pay ?4k for a nova turbo like this if it was spot on but it annoys me that the price just gets lower and lower but the faults are still there and the car is still getting driven.

And just for the record im know someone will now come along with the....

"if your not interested in the car dont comment"

and

"this car is mint and is a bargain"

for 1 i am interested in this car and ive got the money to buy it NOW and 2 if its such a mint car and bargain then why hasnt it sold yet to someone on here or otherwise?

You got nout better to do then moan! Go away and do some thing usefull like buy and fix his car then make money on it yourself if your that bothered!

Well said everyone else!

bonelorry
03-02-08, 10:32 PM
i bet you dont even have enough money for it. so shut up.

nice car hope it sells soon

how much do you want to bet????

i think you will find i have my friend heck i could buy two lol

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/cgrextreme/DSC00200.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/cgrextreme/DSC00201.jpg

turbodrew1
04-02-08, 12:31 PM
oft!! you are a tube. thats my old nova its mint.

LukeC88
04-02-08, 09:05 PM
bumpp

James P
05-02-08, 10:22 PM
if i was going to buy this car id go have a look at it 1st. dont understand why people dis cars for sale when they aint even interested in the car and it has nothink to do with them.

Will
05-02-08, 11:51 PM
how much do you want to bet????

i think you will find i have my friend heck i could buy two lol

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/cgrextreme/DSC00200.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/cgrextreme/DSC00201.jpg

Jesus your a tool

leave the guy to sell his car or go and view or PM him

FFS, i would never have posted if this whole thing hadnt made me so dam angry. grow up!!:roll:

LukeC88
07-02-08, 04:28 PM
bump

Mr.B
16-02-08, 02:18 AM
what gearbox does it have mate?

and what mileage on engine?

very interested by the way..

clarke frazer
16-02-08, 03:20 AM
omg youse are sad as **** this is my screen saver on my mobile for god sake im so raging i dont have the dosh 4 it tho if i get cleared for this loan im on the first flight to england to buy this! its fing ****tastic 1 of the nicest about like omg it turns me on lol

Mr.B
16-02-08, 06:05 AM
omg youse are sad as **** this is my screen saver on my mobile for god sake im so raging i dont have the dosh 4 it tho if i get cleared for this loan im on the first flight to england to buy this! its fing ****tastic 1 of the nicest about like omg it turns me on lol

no.. the screensvaer is sad especially when it isnt your car... lol

LukeC88
24-02-08, 11:10 PM
SOLD!!! its gone to Halifax :)

Mr.B
25-02-08, 03:50 PM
yep tis up here now

Jonny Martin
27-02-08, 08:06 PM
Glad it finally sold, looks a Mint example. Look forward to seeing it,

Mr.B
28-02-08, 12:37 PM
where u from mate?

chris_sri
28-02-08, 02:05 PM
hey mate i no its off the subject but where bouts in west yorkshire are you from? are there any nova meets?

Mr.B
29-02-08, 10:41 AM
from halifax.
not sure pal i used to know a lad whos got a couple n so has his brother but aint spoke to them for ages (they're in bradford by way)

wher u from?

Aamir
29-02-08, 10:56 AM
There's a Nova Turbo from Bierley that attends the cruise at Birstall Retail Park (ikea/showcase) on sundays, seen it there loads of times.

ph2 i think :D

I'm from bfd, not seen a nova on the road in years lol

Mr.B
29-02-08, 01:40 PM
whens birstall 1? mite pop up for an hour this weekend if it is

Mr.B
29-02-08, 01:42 PM
ever used to see a white cav gsi go round bfd?
its blown up now mind..

Jonny Martin
02-03-08, 10:55 PM
Hi mate sorry, not been on in a few days. im from keighley and on the lookout for a nova as a project

Aamir
03-03-08, 12:26 PM
ever used to see a white cav gsi go round bfd?
its blown up now mind..

Quite a few white ones about.

Birstall is every Sunday lol lol lol but it's pretty dead at the mo, but it'll pick up.

Mr.B
03-03-08, 02:46 PM
im on a course there all this week so mite go up this sunday all being well after fitting new parts