PDA

View Full Version : J306 mvh nova van

dene
23-11-07, 06:09 PM
Just wondered if anyone knows this van ?
It used to be white 1.2 petrol but i painted her red and fitted a 1.4 sr engine and webber carb . It was smashed up by a mate and i built her again using genuine gsi bumpers skirts etc and smoothed the boot , fitted digi dash sr red interior etc etc .
I spent a lot of time and money on her but a welder put a front panel on her very badly and too low so i sent her to scrap / spares with a mate. When i asked for her back she had disappeared and ive been told shes been mentioned on here .
It still has one white tag under the bonnet and e few other bits that make it stand out .
Love to hear any info if anyone knows of its where abouts .
Cheers Dene .

bangerbrian
23-11-07, 11:07 PM
Look like its still on road

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=HHcnwkdhyFgbvX L8wCnFsxL0nldlVrWTHtMCsC7cBS1pQytgGqCS!531382095!1 944353936?pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

:)

dene
24-11-07, 08:24 AM
Ye its been in the projects section apparently and there was quite a few pics of it but i havent found it yet .

dene
24-11-07, 10:03 PM
Found her .

Could really do with having a word with Tom Beverly if anyone knows him or how to get in touch with him .
Cheers

dene
25-11-07, 10:10 PM
Bttt

dene
26-11-07, 02:54 PM
bttt

dene
26-11-07, 03:08 PM
Hi Tom Beverley . could you please get in touch with me . Ive sent you a pm and an email and noticed youve been on here but cant get in touch .
Cheers Dene.

tom_beverley
26-11-07, 03:32 PM
Hi Dene,

Got your PM, scary reading her history :eek: I bought her roughly two years ago and at first glance was very clean. Since then she has been spoilt with coilovers, regular services etc and the engine has being running a Blydenstein head, Kent AST2 and twin 40 Dellortos. She has been off the road since last December gradually getting restored to her former beauty.

There are a few good repairs on her but most tbh were very shabby and lots of silicone and body filler hiding lots of rot. I came very close to scrapping her as it was quite a state and all in hard to repair areas, but glad I didn't now and hoping to get her back on the road for May/June next year.

You want any more info, let me know.

dene
26-11-07, 03:47 PM
Cheers for getting back to me mate .
Ye i knew there had been a few bad repairs at the last body shop so i was gonna get her all sorted but only got as far as having the tailgate done .
To be honest i was mainly trying to find out how you ended up with the van ?
When my mate took her for spares he was gonna break her and split the money with me but i decided to keep her and repair her as i knew everything about her .
When i asked for her back she had disappeared and the lad who i later found out had her said he would pay me for her so i kept the log book but ive never seen the van since .
Thats why i was trying to get in touch .

tom_beverley
26-11-07, 04:17 PM
The boot is pretty well done, one of the best ones I've seen!

It was on Ebay initially for ?1500 :eek: but there was no way I was paying that and nor did anyone else. So after it ended I sent the seller a message and arranged to meet. I can't recall the lad's name, but he was from Harrogate and was rather plump. Yes, you're right about the log book, he claimed it was lost so I applied for a new one. His dad came along too and IIRC was driving a Pontiac Firebird.

dene
26-11-07, 05:31 PM
Ill send you a pm mate rather than babble on here .