PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Dash, In a Mk1

DTR-DEVIL
22-11-07, 11:48 PM
Hey Just bought a Mk2 dash to go into my mk1. should of asked before? isit a hard job? Does it fit Straight in and wat do i have to do about the dash controls to get them to work on my mk2 dash

All help appreciated!

cheers

Josh:cool:

Jack
23-11-07, 08:35 AM
Easy job. Wiring is all the same except for central blower/heated rw rotary control, headlamp switch and i think foglamp too. Look in Haynes and match the wires up.

Heater control rods, use the Mk2 items. Mk1 dials will fit with no problem, but you'll need to bend the top dial mount down on the dash and bung a screw in it to wedge the dials in.

DTR-DEVIL
23-11-07, 12:21 PM
Easy job. Wiring is all the same except for central blower/heated rw rotary control, headlamp switch and i think foglamp too. Look in Haynes and match the wires up.

Heater control rods, use the Mk2 items. Mk1 dials will fit with no problem, but you'll need to bend the top dial mount down on the dash and bung a screw in it to wedge the dials in.

Cheers RJ,
Not bothered about the dials. got a set of digi's going in!:thumb:

craig green
23-11-07, 01:32 PM
You may be missing a lug on the floor for the mk2 centre console IIRC.

[edit] maybe check it 1st & drill & mount a self tapping screw before putting the whole fascia on & then realising.

Jack
23-11-07, 02:22 PM
The centre console lug isn't essential IMO, I never had it on either of my conversions.

Assuming you mean the bit by the bulkhead, underneath the dash which the top end of the centre console goes onto.

michael squeak
25-11-07, 04:07 PM
when i did this to mine i had to swap every plug over eg hazards , heaters , fog, every single one. really easy though i did it wen i was 15 and im thick as sh!t with wires, it is verysimple just match the colour of the wires together.