PDA

View Full Version : nova 1.2 K&N filters?

Aragorn
01-07-02, 10:25 PM
i am aware u can get filters for the 1.2 carbed engine

what i was wondering was - are they full induction kits which replace the airbox totally or are they replacement elements?

if they are just elements do they still give the "induction" sound u get?

and also u UK(scotland) dealer that are good for these parts?

thanks

neiloakley
01-07-02, 11:26 PM
You cant get induction kits for carb engines. only injection. The filter for a carb will still replace the airbox but it wont give you the throaty pop when you blip the throttle. It will just give you a loud hissing noise especially when you use the choke.

I have one for sale for a 1.2 pierburg carb if you want it. Excellent nick, just bin cleaned. Let me know if you want it.

07732 095242

Aragorn
02-07-02, 07:44 AM
much u want for it?

it needs a service anyway so i'll be replaceing the filter element then

i thaught i may as well fit a K&N if they are cheap enough

does it give better throttle response or is it all just make believe???

Spacemonkey
02-07-02, 08:31 AM
So what can filters are available for 1.4i single point injection nova's?

Element,Bolt on, Induction ?????

Ste_Nova
02-07-02, 09:15 AM
induction if you use the right bits

corsa 1.2i/1.4spi top box and pipe... then any filter with the right neck size

ade
02-07-02, 10:40 AM
I've got a K&N replacemrnt unit for my 1.2 mk2 and the car sounds (as well as responds) much better since fitting!
The unit replaces the nasty black frizzbie completely giving u much more space in the engine (for tinkering!) and when accelerating you get a nice growl, specially when u pulse the tap the acceperator on motorways!
Couple with a decent back box, car sounds sweet and feels more responsive. Best ?60 I spent!

Ade
8)

Aragorn
02-07-02, 09:23 PM
does anyone have a picture of a standard 1.2 carb'd engine (i assume the reference to peirburg above means the standard carb?) with the replacement filter?

i wanna see what im getting before spending the dough

thanks

ade
02-07-02, 09:34 PM
dont have a picture - buty wot u get is a lot more space in yer engine bay + a slight imptovement on performance.

Its actually a good looking mod! stainless steel with K&N embossed on the top - filter is sandwiched between the 2 plates.

Sits snug on top of the carb.

Ade
:D

neiloakley
03-07-02, 12:02 AM
This is a pic of it. It's not a k&n but it is a J&R. They supply k&n. Exactly the same. If you want it, make me an offer.
07732 095242

http://www.customize.9f.com/Dcp_0004.jpg

dave.gsi
03-07-02, 12:54 AM
my sr's got a JR...it was on when i bought it. the only thing is yours is fitted horizontally but mine is the other way (vertically) are there differnt models or was the previous owner a retard??

Rich Dale
03-07-02, 05:12 AM
Here's a pic of my K&N in my previous Nova:

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Old9.jpg

NOTE.....that was my 1.3SR engine in my Antibes but when first fitted, I had to make do with my old 1.2-spec Pierburg.
It will look identical on your 1.2

ade
03-07-02, 12:39 PM
yeah - thats the same as mine (fitted to pieberg).
Nice horns rich! what they sound like - how much they cost.

Mines shagged! sounds pathetic!

Ade

neiloakley
03-07-02, 12:51 PM
i got a set of air horns for sale ade if you want them. Tenner plus postage

cassinova
03-07-02, 03:10 PM
i have a 1.2 nova and fitted a K&N bolt on filter to it. It did improve the throttle response as well as sounding better because of the sucking noise from the carb.
If you want further performance upgrades then you should do what i did - buy a weber carb and a inlet manifold from your local scrappy it makes quite a difference

Rich Dale
06-07-02, 03:40 AM
Those air-horns sound bloody mint.....I've not got round to fitting them on my GTE yet though.....problem is finding a place to fit them......space is taken up at back my injection, and space taken up on inner wing by air-box! Bugger!

I will fit them eventually though 'cos they sound a lot better than the crappy vaux ones....saying that though, only one of my GTE's standard "twin" horns works at the mo.....probably sound better when I get the other one working.

They cost about ?16 I think....they were a present a few years back. You can get them from Carnoisseur for ?13.95...that's the 2-tone ones like mine, or ?15.95 for triple tone.

eddiecorke2
02-03-06, 01:51 PM
can anyone tell exactly what k&n air filter i would get to fit onto my nova 1.2 Merit! Either the air filter, or a link to a web page. Thanks Ed

novamadcars
02-03-06, 01:57 PM
just look on the k&n website mate

Riggy
02-03-06, 02:45 PM
why bump a 4 yr old post :roll: