PDA

View Full Version : uh oh.... water

conad
22-11-07, 10:03 AM
hey people, my cars just been sitting on my drive for the past hour in the rain (bad idea i know), iv just got in it and theres a puddle of water on the shelf in the drivers footwell, i cant find where its coming from.... any ideas?

Welsh Dan
22-11-07, 10:13 AM
Battery tray!

craig green
22-11-07, 10:13 AM
Somewhere via the battery tray I'd think.

Lift the battery out & examine for any rust or holes etc.

Worst case could be screen seal is beginning to leak.

GRUNT 16V
22-11-07, 10:33 AM
Mine was leaking from the bottom corner of the windscreen.

conad
22-11-07, 10:34 AM
il have to ask 'yellow nova' it was his untill monday. iv checked battery tray an theres no rust at all, il get my mate to check screen (windscreen fitter)

peester
22-11-07, 10:37 AM
blimmey, u wanna garage that beast dude..

conad
22-11-07, 10:40 AM
blimmey, u wanna garage that beast dude..

i am garaging it, i just need to play with it for a few days lol, and i need to get my smashed gsi out of my garage before it can go in, been keeping the turbo in my mrs's garage, gotta get home somehow though lol

Steve
22-11-07, 10:41 AM
Ive had a similar problem, best way to find out where its coming from is to strip out carpets etc and pour water on the car.

Turned out I had a small hole in the footwell.

yellow nova
22-11-07, 12:12 PM
I never had it out in the rain, the only place i think it can be from is were the loom goes through the bulk head. i never had a problem with this untill you know who had the car before me:roll: hope this helps you out

conad
22-11-07, 12:18 PM
well il go have another look in a minute, all looked well round the battery tray area, i did have a quick look by loom and it looked ok, il take a closer inspection! he saw me out in it last night lol

Will F
22-11-07, 02:10 PM
Worst case, and it wont be this as it aint rotten...

Is where the bulkhead joins the inner wing/strut top can rust and hole and lean into the car...

Failing that it will be where the loom isnt sealed into the car properly from the engine bay....

NickWalliams
22-11-07, 03:50 PM
I never had it out in the rain, the only place i think it can be from is were the loom goes through the bulk head. i never had a problem with this untill you know who had the car before me:roll: hope this helps you out

you know who had it before me.........get real you loserr;)

:p

Adam
22-11-07, 05:36 PM
Aye, it will be the loom hole.
Quite dangerous too as the water has a habit of running down the loom and into the ecu/connection pins...

krobinson
22-11-07, 05:42 PM
Its gaurenteed to be the windscreen or loom hole, not a huge problem.

Keith