PDA

View Full Version : fuel lines

paddy138
21-11-07, 09:18 PM
currently have a carb engine in my nova and changing it to a 1.6 16v, will be hanging the fuel lines soon enough, and was wondering, do i need special fuel piping, are does the ordinary stuff a motor factors sell do the job, and also what size do i need

Mike
21-11-07, 09:19 PM
any fuel line from a motor factors for EFi engine will do.

paddy138
21-11-07, 09:26 PM
do you know what size would be best

Royston
21-11-07, 09:31 PM
Use Black rubber rated fuel hose, never use the clear nylon braid type line as it shrinks:eek:

I had a very nasty experience many years ago, fitted new fuel line, the latter stuff, a few weeks later, having reamed my SR down a dual carraigeway getting her really hot, pulled up outside my house and all I could smell was petrol:eek: :eek:

Lifted bonnet to find hose had shrunk, pulled off the carburettor and sprayed a red hot engine with petrol:eek: :eek: , calmly dropped the bonnet and walked away to a safe distance untill things cooled down, a very lucky escape;)

If it happened seconds earlier, engine was running! that would have been the end of my SR:cry:

so don't buy cheap s***

Royston
21-11-07, 09:33 PM
If Fuel injection make sure hose is rated to cope, the last fuel hose I bought was rated at 150psi, more than enough! (normal f.i. is @ 40psi ish)

Adam
21-11-07, 10:25 PM
Use copper pipe for the main lines, then high pressure fuel hose to the tank/fuel rail.