PDA

View Full Version : off on BANG!

20SEHnova
20-11-07, 11:54 PM
hi, after selling my first nova a 1.2 mk2 running on a carb im missing it already and am wanting another. worked out insurance is no differnt for me wheather i buy a 1.2 or a 1.4 sr so just wondering if a mk2 1.4 sr will back fire with the turn of the key in the same way the 1.2s do. or do they not run on carbs?

oh and i know most of you will disprove on me keypopping fun so please if its not constructive to helping me i could do without the usual unfriendly banta:thumb:

thanks

peester
20-11-07, 11:59 PM
ha. nice..

*edit
ok... if you buy carbed SR, not SRi (MPI) you should be able to get your pops n bangs just fine mate..

20SEHnova
21-11-07, 12:07 AM
hmm okies cool, was just looking teh old hynes manual thats all at a pic of a 1.4 engine bay didnt say wheather it was sr or sri so i was unsure. if the mk2 sr is the same type of fuel system as the 1.2carb engines then it should be fine. thanks for info, just helps me know what im looking for really as id much rather a mk2 sr than a flair or merit or sumet else with a norris and dorris interior haha. plus a 1.4 75bhp engines a bonus. oh and i only like turning the key when a big bloke strutting his stuff thinking hes he man and a pop the key and he jumps and screams like a little girl haha tis great craic! :D

paulnova
21-11-07, 01:25 AM
...Plus a 1.4 75bhp engines a bonus.

lol lol
its not much of a bonus pal, there not quick at all. tbh you'll hardly really notice the difference between your 1.2 and a 1.4sr!!

DTR-DEVIL
21-11-07, 05:59 PM
oh and i only like turning the key when a big bloke strutting his stuff thinking hes he man and a pop the key and he jumps and screams like a little girl haha tis great craic! :D

then that Big Man, Strutting his stuff, Either smash's ur face in? or ur car? Who's screaming then? lol

peester
21-11-07, 06:41 PM
lol lol
its not much of a bonus pal, there not quick at all. tbh you'll hardly really notice the difference between your 1.2 and a 1.4sr!!

i dont believe that.. going from 45bhp to 75bhp (aprox.) (thats a 30bhp(ish) gain, or around 70% more power) in a car around 800kgs??
This thread features in the latest rant thread; can see why..

20SEHnova
21-11-07, 07:07 PM
well yeah cheers n tha no ones really answerd me question still, all a want to know is are the mk2 sr's the 14nv engine - carb, or the injection ones?

thanks

Adam
21-11-07, 07:24 PM
Sr's are Carbed-Fact
Turning ign off to get a pop is stupid-Fact

:D

20SEHnova
21-11-07, 07:35 PM
well like it or not i must be a bell end to you. i dont care fact!
im 18 and could be consiserd a chav, but earn 20k a year still in training as a mechy engineer, fact!
which makes me feel more smug and makes me care even less when people call me a bell end, because im a rather smug one :D!

peester
21-11-07, 07:40 PM
well yeah cheers n tha no ones really answerd me question still, all a want to know is are the mk2 sr's the 14nv engine - carb, or the injection ones?

thanks

isnt the 14nv is the single point 60bhp weedy one,..? same as your old 12nv, just bored out bottom end..
14e is it? old sr carb, 75bhp?

20SEHnova
21-11-07, 07:43 PM
hmm unsure of nova engine codes tbh, only ever messed on with cavs before i got into novas tbh. hmmm will search google for a engine code database someones made in a guide perhaps? face lift srs on came in 1.4s right? grrr wish i didnt keep all my haynes manuals and t.v.'s at work :(

Adam
21-11-07, 07:46 PM
well like it or not i must be a bell end to you. i dont care fact!
im 18 and could be consiserd a chav, but earn 20k a year still in training as a mechy engineer, fact!
which makes me feel more smug and makes me care even less when people call me a bell end, because im a rather smug one :D!
Lol
I wasn't calling you anything?

I was saying its stupid as it can fook your engine.

14nv is 1.4 sr

14nz Spi

20SEHnova
21-11-07, 07:50 PM
meh sorry mate, just had a bad week really and just seems like everyones trying to have a go because i dont always do things people or society like, wearing tracky b,s instead of jeans etc? its crazy its like everyones pissed off and i get all the **** for falling into the catagory of **** bags LABLED :/ 'chavs'

oh and cheers thought the nv was carb was looking in haynes last night just couldnt remember, but still though were the facelift sr's all fitted with the nz? or was it just 50/50 for the mk1 and mk2?

Adam
21-11-07, 07:52 PM
All sr novas have carb'ed engines.

20SEHnova
21-11-07, 07:54 PM
:) thanks mate, see its just this sorta stuff that turns me on with vauxhalls. grew up with them and i love learning more and more about the old ones bit by bit. like me cavs grew up with them and love them to bits.