PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump On Xe

KITT1972
20-11-07, 10:36 PM
I have a problem i have changed my water pump for a new one on a 20xe lump. But what i am having a problem with is that the timing cover back plate does not have hole in it to get to the allen bolts on the water pump to help tension the cam belt.

does anyone now how you are surposed to tighten them up with no hole cant work it out, Any help you be good thanks

R1CH
20-11-07, 10:43 PM
You'll just have to tighten it up before you refit the back plate, theres usually a lug that you line up with a mark on the block as to the correct postion for it, then just tension it up the manual / Auto tensioner (which ever you have).

Rich

KITT1972
20-11-07, 10:45 PM
do you no where the marks are on the block i guess you use the lug on the pum as one. Thanks for which reply

R1CH
20-11-07, 10:52 PM
Is there not a lug / mark on the block ? (can't mind tbh)
Is there not marks on your old pump from the 3 Allen head bolts, maybe put them marks on the new pump to line up with the 3 bolts.

Rich

Adam
21-11-07, 07:41 PM
There should be a small indent on the block, which you line up the pump edge.
So fit the pump, then the cover.
It only sits one way, then the tensioner takes up the belt slackness.

KITT1972
21-11-07, 08:48 PM
Thanks for you help. I think i have done what you said. I also took marks off the old water pump and marked them on the new pump and it all seems to line up i hope.